• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone watching the Geelong game? I mean, they're a very very good side, and everyone cops floggings in sport (and elsewhere).

But are Melbourne just not having a go?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone watching the Geelong game? I mean, they're a very very good side, and everyone cops floggings in sport (and elsewhere).

But are Melbourne just not having a go?
Didn't see the game, but reading some comments from Demons fans it sounds like they looked like they didn't have a dip, much like North Melbourne against Collingwood a month back.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Just did that ladder predictor thingo. Have no idea what I did exactly because I haven't slept in two days but it turned out some interesting results.

Kangas finishing 7th, 'Aints 8th, and Freo falling as far as 11th. But in saying that, only 4 points separates 7th and 11th so it looks like there are going to be some massive swings and roundabouts come the end of the season.

Redbacks

International Captain
I'm still quite amazed with the turn around by the Eagles this season. They have managed to go from useless in Melbourne to now beating good teams away and performing strongly at home, as they have done historically. It's taken a few years post the Cousins saga, but it appears the club is back to its usual self.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round nineteen tipping update

Another week for the favourites getting up meaning another clutch of maximums, with seven tippers managing sevens. Of those who came up short, Vimes tipped the Dogs, cameeel went for Freo, Clapo went for Freo & Port and SKD had a week to forget, falling down on no fewer than four games.

No tips from morgie, so he has a slice of what dav's having.

Weekly

Brumby 7
howardj 7
Jono 7
SBI 7
altoz 7
HDS 7
Benchy 7
Vimes 6
cameeel 6
Clapo 5
SKD 3

morgie 3

A bad week for dav and, obviously, for morgie failing to tip. The former slips from outright bronze to equal fourth and morgie from a share of fourth to joint seventh.

At the foot, fullhouses from both Benchy and Tozz lift them ahead of the ailing Clapo.

Overall

1) Brumby 113
2) howardj 112
3) Jono 110
=4) Vimes 107
=4) SKD 107
=4) cameeel 107
=7) morgie 106
=7) SBI 106
9) altoz 103
10) Benchy 102
11) Clapo 101
12) HDS 95

The upshot of Tozzgate is that anyone can email their tips to me (email address available on request) and that no-one can say "I'll have the same as Matey" sight unseen. All complaints to Augustus.

Round 20 Fixtures

St Kilda vs. Fremantle (Docklands)
Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Geelong vs. Gold Coast (Kardinia Park)
Essendon vs. Sydney (Docklands)
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide (The Gabba)
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (York Park)
West Coast vs. Richmond (Subiaco Oval)