• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
DT looking like a train wreck this week, scraped to 2K but need replacements for Grimes and Curnow over the next two weeks

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He means that say KHunt plays 7 games, it has robbed another (more worthy in his eyes) youngster of playing those 7 games. He then means that over those 7 games the Suns could have tried out 4 players in that period instead of sticking solely with Hunt.

Tony Shaw is a knob, but it makes sense.
Hunt must be bored out of his tree playing AFL

The guy is playing down the back and virtually everyone in that position is a spoiler with the very occasional breakout of defence thrown in so you can say you got to run with the ball

That's literally nothing like the role he played in league

If he was going to change codes, should've been to union IMO

Spikey

the few times Hunt's sorta been in the middle he actually hasn't looked too bad. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes into the middle if he gets fitten and more confident. Shaw's been picking on Hunt all season so who cares about his opinion tbh

benchmark00

The guy is playing down the back and virtually everyone in that position is a spoiler with the very occasional breakout of defence thrown in so you can say you got to run with the ball

????????

Not the case at all. Hunt just doesn't know how/doesn't have the confidence to do it yet.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Did, tbf. Had a season at Biarritz.

Spikey

2,018, 4,410 overall for the round. And I had a 0... Surely not being able to give Swan the C didn't hurt so many times?!? Up another 8000 or spots and sitting at 13000.

Interesting times ahead in DT. a few kids debuting and impressing. If Hibbard plays this week we could have Issac Smith/ Tom Lynch / Paul Puopolo / Hibbard playing their 3rd game the week after, with GC having the bye. Could be make or break decisions for teams. I've already got Hibbard and I'll probably do Matera to Smith this week. And then Harris will probably go the week after. At the top Chapman had a rare sub-100 game and could slip below 430K for the first time in about 3 years over the next couple of weeks. Adam Goodes could be an option for some although I won't. Montagna is about to fall below 400K. If you don't have Gibbs get him now etc. Fun times indeed

Matty Boyd is also more expensive than Swan! Now the most expensive player. Dane Swan btw could slip below 450K over the next weeks. What a time to be alive

edit And we all may be forced to burn a trade on Curnow too

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

You say it at a period in the sport where attacking defenders are some of the most important players in a team :unsure:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You say it at a period in the sport where attacking defenders are some of the most important players in a team :unsure:
I think he's saying KHunt's skills are better suited to Union than AFL. Considering we've seen his Rugby skills on display for most of his career, I'm not to sure what social is trying to make.

Social I wouldn't worry tbh. He'll play union before his career is done. He won't be welcomed back to League, and he'll be worth more to Union than he will be to AFL when his use as a marketing tool is done and his wages need to reflect his playing ability.

benchmark00

I think he's saying KHunt's skills are better suited to Union than AFL. Considering we've seen his Rugby skills on display for most of his career, I'm not to sure what social is trying to make.

Social I wouldn't worry tbh. He'll play union before his career is done. He won't be welcomed back to League, and he'll be worth more to Union than he will be to AFL when his use as a marketing tool is done and his wages need to reflect his playing ability.
The AFL/GC have already got back at least triple what they will spend on him, babeh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The AFL/GC have already got back at least triple what they will spend on him, babeh.
Debateable. Even if you're right he's not going to be getting the money of a high profile cross code convert next time around. He'll need to paid in accordance with his skills as a player, and I reckon union will see him being worth more than an AFL team.

benchmark00

Debateable. Even if you're right he's not going to be getting the money of a high profile cross code convert next time around. He'll need to paid in accordance with his skills as a player, and I reckon union will see him being worth more than an AFL team.
How often have you seen AFL being front and back page news in Sydney/Queensland newspapers before Hunt?

Now, say you worked for a company, how much would a full front and back page advertisement in an emerging market cost your company?

Hunt's contract is around $700k a season for three seasons. It's already been costed that over the three days after he was signed he provided the AFL with $7.5 million worth of publicity.

So how is this debateable?

Last edited: