• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bit annoyed that Channel 9 decided to cut the coverage early and not include the post match interviews, etc. Would have been interested to hear what Marshall and Lockyer had to say.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
On the new zealand commentary the Aussies declined interviews. You missed a great Haka at the end -

Stephen Kearney gave props to Eastwood when asked to name a player who made a difference.

Might as well have said MArshall - he won the game.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet Lockyer wishes he didn't touch in that last play, otherwise would have been a forward pass.

Even though the Kangaroos lost, it was a spectacular game.

howardj

International Coach
We watched the replay on Fox, and I will preface this with I don't really care about post-Grand Final footy in terms of who wins or loses.

That's said, I am quite sick of when a team is behind, it's almost like the Refs subconciously look to give them the benefit of the doubt and look where they can to get them back in the game. On that score, whilst last night was certainly not as bad as the WC Final, the refs should remember that it's not their job, whoever is behind on the scoreboard, to 'make a game of it'.

Johnners

Billy Slater having a mare.
This shouldn't be a surprise tbh. Don't think he's ever been nearly as good for Australia as he has been for Melbourne. Two finals in a row now he's made epic stuff-ups that have had a major impact on final result.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This shouldn't be a surprise tbh. Don't think he's ever been nearly as good for Australia as he has been for Melbourne. Two finals in a row now he's made epic stuff-ups that have had a major impact on final result.
Sort of a reverse Inglis?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
2011 version starts tonight with the Kiwis taking on the Roos. Reckon it'll be closer than in Newcastle a coupla weeks back. Hoping we're competitive at least having gone down the "United Nations" route with Chase, Heighington & Reed.

Think the Welsh will have a very tough time of it, so much relies on Briers with Gareth Thomas giving it away earlier this week.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
These pommie refs are useless. Penalties that aren't penalties. T-Rex possibly lost the ball over the line but they give the try straight away.

Same story with the last match. Penalties that shouldn't have been ending in 6pts to Aussie.

Johnners

These pommie refs are useless. Penalties that aren't penalties. T-Rex possibly lost the ball over the line but they give the try straight away.

Same story with the last match. Penalties that shouldn't have been ending in 6pts to Aussie.
Much like the knock-on that led to the first NZ try I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good start from the home team. Chase finding a few little gaps and combined well with Sinfield to set up Hall for the opener.

Disappointing to see Slater go off so soon tho. Dislocated shoulder is the word.