• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Yea you're seriously overestimating how much the casual observer is going to think about this. They're gonna watch an MMA champ KO Floyd with a headkick and go 'lol boxing sucks' and move on.

And then there will be people outraged by what happened and trying to defend boxing and lambast McGregor just like you guys have done here in response to a hypothetical storyline.

Also really doubt he'll do jail time. Will get a whopping lawsuit for sure though

Athlai

Not Terrible
So this will be Connor's biggest payday by a million miles and it's from Mayweather's promotion. If you think he'd do anything to ruin that payday you're mad.

cnerd123

likes this
Well if you follow my storyline he's set for even bigger paydays down the road if he pulls this off and everything else falls in place...

Also I think this happening would be awesome, not that it's likely

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Especially if the bird is in excess of 50 mil. He's setting himself up financially for life. Good for him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well if you follow my storyline he's set for even bigger paydays down the road if he pulls this off and everything else falls in place...

Also I think this happening would be awesome, not that it's likely
MMA pay days won't ever be as big as this. It's just structured differently.

cnerd123

likes this
they said he could never beat Aldo
they said he could never beat Diaz
they said he could never hold two belts at once
they said he could never fight Mayweather

now they say he'll never have a payday like this again

:ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
you guys lack imagination. lack ambition. can't see the big picture like Connor does

That's why he's fighting Mayweather on his way to being the biggest combats sports star of all time while y'all talk about what he can never do on a cricket forum

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's a huge payday but he needs to get it done to get as big or bigger paydays in the future. Conor is just getting started and once he can point to the figures after the Mayweather fight it's a wrap. He'll be the biggest PPV star in the world and the numbers are only going to get bigger if he plays his cards right.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia has its' first ever UFC champ

Havent seen him fight but Whittaker is supposed to be a really tough kid

Just another sport we dominate :yes:

social

you guys lack imagination. lack ambition. can't see the big picture like Connor does

That's why he's fighting Mayweather on his way to being the biggest combats sports star of all time while y'all talk about what he can never do on a cricket forum
Sorry mate but Conor is a complete hack when it comes to boxing

Literally the only way that this fight is competitive is if Mayweather believes people are stupid enough to pay for a rematch

King Pietersen

International Captain
So glad Whittaker beat Roidmero, he's seriously good. Looked unbelievable against Jacare. Not a real champ though, obviously, as Bisping stated in the cage afterward :laugh: Bisping plays a superb heel.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Some great fights last night. Weidman-Gastelum was awesome. Weidman looked superb, but man, Gastelum is ****ing good and is going to cause a lot of middleweights some serious problems. Nice to see Weidman back in the win column though, has been a tough run for him!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just watching the press conference. Tonya Evinger is tiny compared to Cyborg. Going to be a brutal fight. Evinger's tough, but Cyborg is just a beast.

Hope Jonny Bones makes it through fight week. Been wanting to see this rematch for years!

Mike5181

International Captain
"If you lose both fights there is no rivalry."

Oh god. I wanted DC to win that fight so much. It was going so well!

Mike5181

International Captain
That Woodley fight was ****ing boring. Impressive exhibition of takedown defense, but not much else there.

Johnners

Wanted Jones to win, but no way they should be interviewing people barely minutes after they've been knocked out like that.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Great finish from Jones, but bit of a shame really, the fight was starting to get really good. DC looked so much better. Would bloody love to see Jones-Lesnar next.

Woodley-Maia was, as I thought it would be, ****ing terrible. Maia was never getting Woodley down with those takedowns, and Woodley when he's not being pressured is SO boring. Basically fought himself out of a fight with GSP. That was worse than Anderson-Maia, which is impressive.

Evinger was just a punching bag as predicted

Lawler-Cerrone was an awesome fight. I thought Donald won it though personally, I thought he just took the 1st with the takedown and dominance on the ground, he won the 2nd and then had Lawler winning the 3rd. Close fight though, would loved to have seen them go 5.

Manuwa got SPARKED. Oezdemir has come out of nowhere and looks like a killer. OSP, Cirkunov and Manuwa are far from scrubs and he's finished them off easy. Very impressive.