• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

cpr

International Coach
Praying Tranmere dont go on a cup run. Cant be doing with a Wembley single with Barnes rapping again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Praying Tranmere dont go on a cup run. Cant be doing with a Wembley single with Barnes rapping again.
"Only one way to beat them; get round the back"

The knowingly lascivious look on Keith Allen's mush is priceless.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We must be the only club in League One to have had two of our managers appear in a rap video

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No First Division clubs rumoured to pick up Josip Simunic? German media were almost certain he'd jump across the channel following Hertha's failure to make the CL. Would be a good pick-up for City or Villa imo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
No First Division clubs rumoured to pick up Josip Simunic? German media were almost certain he'd jump across the channel following Hertha's failure to make the CL. Would be a good pick-up for City or Villa imo.
Ugh Simunic. He'd be the most hated man in Australia if we had lost to Croatia that day. A turncoat, manhandling Viduka with 3 yellow cards in a game. He's gotta be a grub. Send him wherever Joey Barton ends up and hopefully they'll get "acquainted".

A bit belated, but thanks for your help earlier Vimesy :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
That's a pretty long list of average-to-good central midfielders but it doesn't go that far to disproving my point- we need someone better than those guys. We're challenging with midfields of Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Fabregas, Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard- all are better than any of the players you listed IMO. Only Ballack vs. Carrick is even debateable.
Only Stevie G, Lamps & Cesc are consistent goal-scoring threats from mid-field though. The rest are defensive CMs just like United's mid-field, although they are better.

United depth which has won 3 in a row is what makes them better than the rest & although losing Ronaldo is HUGE - that depth may still be the difference next season.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You may see this as a joke. But this club>>>country notion that is clearly evident on CW amongst us English, is just disgraceful.
Coming from an Englishman/Rudi (Petter) boy/Jafaican who supports Australia. :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ever heard of the term called "passing"?
Amm...in the 3 in a row Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves(when he played), Anderson & Fletcher on occassions where excellent as a cohensive passing unit. Only this season i'd say Liverpool with Xabi & JM got the better of them in those two games.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Coming from an Englishman/Rudi (Petter) boy/Jafaican who supports Australia. :)
:laugh:. Who TF is that yo?. Thats worst than being called a chav, im just ur typical black englishman, not unsual here.

BTW my reasons for supporting the green & gold in cricket are 100% legitimate, so you nobody on else on CW - as Gayle Force told Strauss - dont need to "study me or sleep with me on your mind" bulletttt.