• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nice, 2-0 at half time. Didn't think it was a penalty after checking the replay, was definitely a foul, but I think the majority of it came outside the box, so would have given a free kick, but meh, I'm not complaining. Been a brilliant performance from us so far, Citeh have only really made 1 chance, right at the end of the half. Fellaini and Pienaar have been excellent.

Heh, after seeing it again, I think the penalty's a good decision. Poor defending from Richards, why on earth would you so clearly pull a guy's shirt like that in full view? Shocking.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
****ing everton, **** off

Oh, and the whites don't play football anymore apparently. Haven't played a league game since December 28th. Not good to have a fixture pile-up when your squad is barely big enough to fill the bench with actual pros. Anyone whingeing about your hard life at 7th in the Prem should try being 22nd in League One ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice, 2-0 at half time. Didn't think it was a penalty after checking the replay, was definitely a foul, but I think the majority of it came outside the box, so would have given a free kick, but meh, I'm not complaining. Been a brilliant performance from us so far, Citeh have only really made 1 chance, right at the end of the half. Fellaini and Pienaar have been excellent.

Heh, after seeing it again, I think the penalty's a good decision. Poor defending from Richards, why on earth would you so clearly pull a guy's shirt like that in full view? Shocking.
Dunno what the rules say, but the way I see it is if you still happen to be fouling someone and they infringement moves into the box then the referee has effectively played advantage up until it becomes a penalty. At which point it's tough titties to the defending team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Campbell's signing has been confirmed, will wear #31.
YouTube - Ivory Coast [3-1] Ghana 'All goals & full highlights' HD (2:08) = Eboue's an arse.
Randall and Gilbert gone out on loan.
Denilson and Ramsey out for tomorrow's game.
Not too bothered about Denilson missing on this occasion tbh, though he's been playing well as of late it's this kind of match against a physical sort of side which he usually goes missing in, shame Song isn't around for it really. Massive lift to have Cesc and Clichy back for it though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Interesting that Robinho was subbed on and then later taken off in today's game....can anyone confirm why this is? I presume it was down to an injury scare..but I'd lol if it wasn't.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liverpool's lineup for their game today:

Reina
Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Insua,
Degen, Lucas, Mascherano, Aurelio,
Kuyt, Ngog.

Is that even as good an XI as Stoke had out?

Jarquis

Reina
Kuyt, Ngog.

You take out Mascherano and Reina and it looks piss poor.

Eds

International Debutant

Reina
Kuyt, Ngog.

Yeh, I thought about this earlier today and it is pretty close. I would rate us just ahead due to having international quality in Mascherano and Reina, but that's about it. I really didn't like the way we had 6 defenders plus 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch. Rafa playing negatively, really.

Scaly piscine

Should shut the halfwitted media up for a while about how great Man City have been in their 4 piss easy fixtures since Hughes was stupidly dumped.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You take out Mascherano and Reina and it looks piss poor.
Yeah, those are the two isolated quality players. And for games like these, even Mascherano isn't much use because the other team isn't playing any football for him to try and break up.

Pothas

Good dat at Griffin park today, a 3-1 win despite conceding a penalty to a decision that was worthy of Mr Harper. Up to the heady heights of 10'th

Szczesny seriously brilliant though, made two amazing saves today, will not be Arsenal number 4 for long.