• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
True, but I wish he was still coaching NSW.

The bloke was/ is a great rep coach (and of course a WWCC junior, so he's all right).
Yeah as much as I don't like him as a commentator, he's a good Origin coach. We need a coach who can stir the emotions and fire the blood of the players, not a technical systems coach like Bellamy. See big Mal.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some would argue they had seven looks to find benefit of doubt for the attacking team. I must admitt when I first saw it before the million angles and slow motion replays I thought he touched the line.
Possibly, but if there's no doubt you don't need 7 looks.

I thought he had to of touched the line at first too because he was so close. Wasn't sure after the replays though, and thought there was a very definite possibility his foot stayed up.

Son Of Coco

The bloke was/ is a great rep coach (and of course a WWCC junior, so he's all right).
Yeah he was a good coach, and sometimes he's right.

Hate how he gets stuck on one thing when he's commentating though and repeats it for the whole match. Like - "That's an origin tackle".

ripper868

International Coach
Cowboys v Rabbitohs
Knights v Eels
Sea Eagles v Roosters
Sharks v Warriors
Storm v Broncos
Titans v Dragons
Tigers v Panthers

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowboys v Rabbitohs
Knights v Eels
Sea Eagles v Roosters
Sharks v Warriors
Storm v Broncos
Titans v Dragons
Tigers v Panthers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cowboys v Rabbitohs
Knights v Eels
Sea Eagles v Roosters
Sharks v Warriors
Storm v Broncos
Titans v Dragons
Tigers v Panthers

howardj

International Coach

This.

He's perfect for a short term hit and run role such as Origin.

He used tell his NSW troops, just before they ran out, 'think of someone who you hate'.

:laugh:

I really like his commentary too - leaves the other gibberers in the shade.

Johnners

Storm vs. Broncos
Tigers vs. Panthers
Sea Eagles vs. Roosters
Cowboys vs. Rabbitohs
Sharks vs. Warriors
Knights vs. Eels
Titans vs. Dragons

Johnners

FWIW, I also hate the person who originally posted the games in the wrong order, going to make it a pain when I'm adding 'em up at the end of the round :(

Simon

Luffy told me on msn a few minutes ago that hes tipping Panthers and Broncos tonight.

Craig

World Traveller
*Spoiler*

Melbourne attack from a kick return where Slater makes a break and passes it off to Inglis to score under the post.

Burgey

First half of this Tigers - Panthers game worse by several factors than Parra v Cronulla. Absolute knock-on-athon.
Boys obviously not used to the dry weather.
LMAO at the score in the other game. Brisbane showing their "clear superiority" over the other sides, eh?

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
We're not playing well and look tired, but the Tigers are playing worse. Very soft try (Aiton is a gun though), and 50% completions just isn't going to cut it.

Not confident actually.

Oh and Pritchard is on fire tonight :D

Simon

Tigers vs Panthers is a cringefest. Thought Panthers would show a little bit more urgency on the back of getting pumped last week, Tigers showing pretty much as little as was expected.

Broncos appear to be showing even less than the Tigers in the other game. Guess the Melbourne hoodoo is returning after a massive 1 game we won against them earlier in the season.