• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Sports Chants/Songs

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Sung to Southend fans.

"The wheels on your house go round and round, round and round, round and round...
:laugh:

Brilliant.

As to Gerrard, there are a few tbf, two of which have already been mentioned by Corrin, so I'm not sure what one you're referring to, PF. An underrated gem on this front was "Steve Gerrard Gerrard" to the tune of "Qui Sera Sera", about his infamous transfer request.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I really liked that Derby County chant from last year I think:

Let's pretend
Let's pretend
Let's pretend we scored a goal!
YEAAAAAAAAH!

And this ripper:

Sunday, Monday, Habib Beye
Tuesday, Wednesday, Habib Beye
Thursday, Friday, Habib Beye
Saturday, Habib Beye, rocking all week with you!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
And this ripper:

Sunday, Monday, Habib Beye
Tuesday, Wednesday, Habib Beye
Thursday, Friday, Habib Beye
Saturday, Habib Beye, rocking all week with you!
Haha, yeah, brilliant. :laugh:

Incidentally, this thread is as good a place as any for a tannoy announcement I heard of at Layer Road, which went along the lines of: "anyone caught smoking will be taken to a dark room, forced to listen to Will Smith, and then repeatedly killed until they are dead", IIRC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To Blackpool, "work in the summer, you only work in the summer"

Doesn't strictly count, but at the UK Masters Grand Final in october, my best mate got all the Tranmere fans singing the following when we played Citeh:

Who needs Robinho
We've got Stuey Barlow

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm reminded of that League Two team who hired their physio as manager:

Who needs Mourinhio?
We've got the physio!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
To the tune of "You are my sunshine":

You are a Scouser,
An ugly Scouser,
You're only happy on giro day,
Your mum's out thieving,
Your dad's drug-dealing,
So please don't take my hubcaps away.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, that's an ace one, and also on the Scouse theme, to the tune of Lord of the Dance:

Park, Park, wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your home country
But it could be worse
You could be Scouse
Eating rats in your council house

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Load of filth (Bolton) were singing, "does your mother know you're here?" at us in 98, because our following was fairly young at the time (ie I was probably about the average age, and this was 10 years ago)

We responded with, "does your mother know your dad?" As before, juvenile, yet fun

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England unquestionably the best and funniest sporting chants. Some great stuff there. Keep 'em coming.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, were **** at participating, but boy cant we heckle.

One that always gets Old Trafford singing against our local rivals, especially on a cold winter night,

Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put the Scousers on the top,
Put the city in the middle,
And then burn the f***ing lot.

And when its one of our French neighbours:

I'm on dole
Cashed giro
Went to pub got plastered
Went back home
beat up wife
Cos I'm a Yorkshire B*****d

Langeveldt

Soutie
Somerset lalala Somerset lalala...

After the shirt sponsor was changed

Blackacre Free Range Eggs, Blackacre Free Range Eggs

Drink up ye Cider, Drink up ye Cider

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sung at the Ireland-Germany game i was at a couple of years ago, by both sets of fans:

We hate the English more than you

chalky

International Debutant
Sung to Lee Hughes after he got after he got out of Prison

Walk on, Walk on,
With hope in your heart
Cos You'll never drive again
You'll never drive again

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
we just went with a straightforward "murderer" chant

Reminds me of one that I liked, though. Lee Hughes was promised a Mazda by the WBA chairman in 98-99 if he scored 30 goals in the season. He had 24 at Christmas, yet came to PP on the final day of the season with 27 goals, obv needing a hat-trick for the car.

We rolled WBA over comfortably and Hughes missed a hatful, our chant to him was "where's your Mazda gone?" I was sitting front row and you could see it was pissing him off, excellent!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brighton fans used to get a fair bit of stick based around their high profile poove community whenever I saw them at Portman Road. My two favs were,

"Does your boyfriend know you're here?"

&

"Sore arse, what's the score?
Sore arse, sore arse what's the score?"

When Town went ahead.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At Hartlepool in the play-offs, 2005 there was some clown in a pink jumper acting the toughman, right by the away end. Suddenly, all the Tranmere fans were singing, "you're gay and you know you are."

We saw him in the boozer before the home leg as well; "where's your jumper mate?"

So juenile.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We sang this at Justin Fashanu, at Plainmorgue

He's big, he's black, he likes it up the back
Justin, Justin

Seems less funny nowadays, somehow. & he scored the ****ing winner, serves us right really.....