• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fantastic game! what a 4th quarter from the warriors, wonderful defense! 70 points from the splash brothers!

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice, social. :)
Funny thing is that it was based on last season and he has been injured/playing rugby instead this year so only played his first game of the year 2 weeks ago

Got the news during the week, now considers himself the future no. 1 draft pick and is practicing 24/7

Whatever makes him happy

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I dunno what this means haha.
I don't mean to be a nitpicky dick, but I guess I will be anyway, haha. I mean I get that you support teams by their play style/players and not where they're from. It makes sense since you don't identify with any city. But "we" with you has been Nuggz, then Heat, now Warriors. I guess it's weird to me because I work with lifelong Warriors fans who have supported them through some real **** and have earned the right to say "we got this". I don't know man, I don't wanna call out how anybody supports a team, I sure wouldn't like if someone did that to me, but I would feel weird going all in for a team that I haven't been through the hard times for.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Meh. He lives in Australia and watches NBA and other sports leagues of various sports as ardently as he can, waking up at nights at times. It takes time to develop the devotion you have with the Bulls, say. A lot of times, other interests take over. However, it's fair enough to refer to a team as 'we' as long as he is supporting them for even a bit and feels it's okay to do so. It's all a matter of how one feels personally about a team I think. If some one can say 'we' for a team early on, it can mean he feels attached to it earlier. Maybe later that attachment will go but at that point in time it's fine nevertheless.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't mean to be a nitpicky dick, but I guess I will be anyway, haha. I mean I get that you support teams by their play style/players and not where they're from. It makes sense since you don't identify with any city. But "we" with you has been Nuggz, then Heat, now Warriors. I guess it's weird to me because I work with lifelong Warriors fans who have supported them through some real **** and have earned the right to say "we got this". I don't know man, I don't wanna call out how anybody supports a team, I sure wouldn't like if someone did that to me, but I would feel weird going all in for a team that I haven't been through the hard times for.
You're reading too much into it, I wasn't referring to 'we' as I would if I was talking about a team I supported, I was talking about just fans of the game in general. I literally don't care who wins any series most of the time (unless it's the Lakers, **** the Lakers). Westbrook is one of my favourite players. I just want good basketball games. I also only 'supported' the Nuggets 'cause of Iverson, and I 'supported' the Heat 'cause I wanted Lebron to prove the haterz (ie. you ;)) wrong.

Last edited: