• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was pretty much a certainty it was going to happen. Will be interesting to see what's next for him, I think we'll see him backwith an A League club at some stage but maybe not for a year or two.

ripper868

International Coach
The Reds (Queensland Reds that is) are looking for assistant coaches to McKenzie, perhaps he'll be staying at Ballymore.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought it was funny that Oman's coach was upset they had to play a full-strength side. Cry me a ****ing river. They'll probably beat us now I said that. :happy:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so sick of hearing the "experts" completely pan Australia after a poor quarter of football. We dominated the first 25 minutes of this game, and at halftime they're talking like we've been beaten here. We're not even losing and had as many chances to score as Oman have.

Obviously a draw or worse would be a terrible result with a side as strong as we have tonight, but there's another whole half of football here.

Burgey

I'm so sick of hearing the "experts" completely pan Australia after a poor quarter of football. We dominated the first 25 minutes of this game, and at halftime they're talking like we've been beaten here. We're not even losing and had as many chances to score as Oman have.

Obviously a draw or worse would be a terrible result with a side as strong as we have tonight, but there's another whole half of football here.
AWTA. ****s me all the time. Robbie ****ing Slater - "He should have done better", "Poor work". GAGFC.

They're playing all right imo. These ****ers who commentate seem genuinely surprised that the other team might want to turn up and have a crack too. Idiots. We're just lacking that really good striker. Our backs can hack down the best Euro softcock strikers, we just lack that attacking edge. Missing Grella here too imo.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
They're playing all right imo. These ****ers who commentate seem genuinely surprised that the other team might want to turn up and have a crack too. Idiots. We're just lacking that really good striker. Our backs can hack down the best Euro softcock strikers, we just lack that attacking edge. Missing Grella here too imo.
Don't mind Kennedy against a small team like Oman. He's looked dangerous, but yes we definitely look like we're lacking an edge up front. We need Timmeh involved a bit more.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good enough in the end, but far from spectacular. Probably just a bit too keen to score.

Am penning Vidosic 'Dalmatians' btw.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ridiculous challenge to be sent off tonight. Impressed they're still in front. Still expecting FC to get up.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ridiculous challenge to be sent off tonight. Impressed they're still in front. Still expecting FC to get up.
At the time I thought it was a terribly stupid challenge, but in the end he likely saved a goal, and being a man down didn't seem to hurt Adelaide all that much.

That Rudan tackle was fantastic.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
A rather cool moment happened to me yesterday. I was staying at the Hilton in Adelaide as I was there for a business trip. Sydney FC were staying there as well so I happened to see a few of the players including Simon Colosimo.

The coaching staff was with them as well and as a club they were very courteous. I was standing at the lift waiting to go upstairs to my room and Simon Colosimo and one of their staff was there as well.

It was nice of them to let me go into the lift first. I had a chance to say good luck against Adelaide tonight, which was rather cool. As I was checking out of the hotel in the afternoon, another player and member of coaching staff were also standing in line to ask the hotel staff a query and again they was courteous enough to let me go first.

Sportspeople tend to get a lot of flack, but it's the little things such as being courteous to other people and behaving well in public that really helps boost the image of the team and the players. Was a cool experience all round, shame that they lost.

Burgey

A rather cool moment happened to me yesterday. I was staying at the Hilton in Adelaide as I was there for a business trip. Sydney FC were staying there as well so I happened to see a few of the players including Simon Colosimo.

The coaching staff was with them as well and as a club they were very courteous. I was standing at the lift waiting to go upstairs to my room and Simon Colosimo and one of their staff was there as well.

It was nice of them to let me go into the lift first. I had a chance to say good luck against Adelaide tonight, which was rather cool. As I was checking out of the hotel in the afternoon, another player and member of coaching staff were also standing in line to ask the hotel staff a query and again they was courteous enough to let me go first.

Sportspeople tend to get a lot of flack, but it's the little things such as being courteous to other people and behaving well in public that really helps boost the image of the team and the players. Was a cool experience all round, shame that they lost.
Nice to hear that really, though imo they were also a little too courteous to Adelaide during the game :).

Redbacks

International Captain
Pim's interview on the weekend was quite good. Asking for a bit of a reality check from the media about where Australia lies in the world standings.