Cricket Player Manager
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2002
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Socceroos and Australian Football

Banned
    Del Piero not returning next season. Bad news. He's been a shot in the arm for the competition. Even if you aren't a Sydney FC supporter.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Think he'd achieved all that he could tbh. Enjoyed his stay immensely though.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Yep give it up for Del P. What a coup it was to get him even at this stage in his career and he seemed to give value for money. Something marquee names don't always do.

Banned
    He could have played another season and been just as effective IMO. By from a promotional point of view his work is probably done.

It must be frustrating playing at Sydney FC when they have a different coach most seasons. Guys who have been there from day 1 (and I think Terry McFlynn probably has) have played under so many different coaches it beggars belief.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    The juggernaut rolls on with another victory for the WW under 12s this morning

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Such a good game. Well done Brisbane.

The A League GF rarely fails to produce a compelling game. It's become a major event on the sporting calendar now.

Full credit to Brisbane. Best side all year by a mile. Best run club in the league. The Wanderers are a fantastic club too, mind you. He put that side together in four months last year and they would be the most widely followed/ consistently patronised sports team in western Sydney. The atmosphere at a Wanderers game is akin to an Origin, week in and week out. The crowd is that intense. They've brought so much to the competition that FFA should write them a thank you note.

Oh, and Berisha. Shades of Robben. Terrific player, but a ****.
    Nate likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Yeah the GF was awesome but that Berisha bloke is so odd. Understand he's retiring or has his last game for the Roar etc. but some pretty serious drama queen/look at me look at me scenes from him at the end.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The A League GF rarely fails to produce a compelling game. It's become a major event on the sporting calendar now.

Full credit to Brisbane. Best side all year by a mile. Best run club in the league. The Wanderers are a fantastic club too, mind you. He put that side together in four months last year and they would be the most widely followed/ consistently patronised sports team in western Sydney. The atmosphere at a Wanderers game is akin to an Origin, week in and week out. The crowd is that intense. They've brought so much to the competition that FFA should write them a thank you note.

Oh, and Berisha. Shades of Robben. Terrific player, but a ****.
    Really makes you wonder where the competition would be if a WS team had been there from the beginning.

(belated) Congrats to Brisbane. A great game even if the result was disappointing.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Think the fact that they came in late has helped them in some ways too, though.

David Villa in the A-League? Oh my goodness yes.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Feel like his 10-game contract thing cheapens it a bit. Guys like ADP and Ono, even Heskey who played multiple seasons is what gives the league more credibility. Villa will bring the cameras for sure, but what happens when City can't score a goal after he leaves?
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

tries to think of rational response

...but bitch, it's David Villa!

Yeah look, ripper is right, but I'll still definitely be heading out to watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Feel like his 10-game contract thing cheapens it a bit. Guys like ADP and Ono, even Heskey who played multiple seasons is what gives the league more credibility. Villa will bring the cameras for sure, but what happens when City can't score a goal after he leaves?
    Depends who they sign up permanently.

Thread Information