• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commonwealth Games Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Baker moved here for a better life. I don't blame her.
Been in NZ for nearly a decade, followed her coach down there originally. Think she changed allegiances 'cos Sweetenham is such a martinet.

PY

International Coach
Voltman said:
Sigh.

Go away.

Are you struggling to get through your head that New Zealand is a nation built on immigrants?

I know you're taking the Mickey, but I'm utterly tired of these silly comments.
Bad night? :blink:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Bad night? :blink:
No. It's simply one accusation I get completely sick of. It usually revolves around rugby, and it's usually a comment about our Pacific Islanders (many of who were born in New Zealand). When it's used in that context, it's bordering on racism.

Not that I'm suggesting it's being used in that context here...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Some pics from the Opening Ceremony:
Raising the Commonwealth Flag:

Ballet dancers with fireworks, motorbikes and accompaniment from The Church. That's the South African team in the foregound.

Some panoramas - before the Ceremony began:

...and at the beginning of the show:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
NZ picks up their first gold in the 200m butterfly. Moss Burmester joins Dave Gerrard, Anthony Mosse and Danyon Loader as NZ gold medal winners at the Commonwealth Games in that event. Well done, young fella.

Chubb

International Regular
Fiji looking unstoppable in the rugby. Sri Lanka concede 172 unanswered points in three games, poor guys. Niue did quite well getting a couple of tries. I hope some of the Niueans compete in the sprints as well.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Chubb said:
Fiji looking unstoppable in the rugby. Sri Lanka concede 172 unanswered points in three games, poor guys. Niue did quite well getting a couple of tries. I hope some of the Niueans compete in the sprints as well.

yeah they and NZ are always tough

Clark knocks over Gibbs while i type :D:D:D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta love the fact Jersey and Guernsey were swimming next to each other in the 4x100m freestyle final

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: Yeah Burps, I had a good laugh about that.

That Rugby is on now, Aussie/England. Should be good.

shaka

International Regular
SA were lucky v Samoa, two guys get yellowed and usually only 7 players a side.

Last edited: