• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commonwealth Games Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The first half was stupid and just confusing, no one wants to see a kid and a duck.

The last half was good though, loving the footy players carrying the baton, just quietly, and Delta, well everyone loves Delts.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Got up in time to see some kid sucking up to the Queen big time and Kiri te Kanawa singing Happy Birthday. Hope the rest of the event's better...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
The first half was stupid and just confusing, no one wants to see a kid and a duck.

The last half was good though, loving the footy players carrying the baton, just quietly, and Delta, well everyone loves Delts.
She's a national treasure.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
She's a national treasure.
Indeed. She was looking pretty nice tonight, too, I've gotta say. Then again, when doesn't she look good?

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I didn't like the opening cermony, i though it was a load of crap for atleast half of it..
Only good aspect is delta... thats all..
cheering aussies and india for all da medals...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
Indeed. She was looking pretty nice tonight, too, I've gotta say. Then again, when doesn't she look good?
When she was caught mouthing swear words while watching Phillipoussis (sp) lose in the semi final. Then she was "hot".

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
When she was caught mouthing swear words while watching Phillipoussis (sp) lose in the semi final. Then she was "hot".
No, she was hot when she was swimming over at Harolds house in a bikini.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Delta made the ceremony. Still, despite thinking that the Commonwealth Games is to the Olympics as Nick Borcich is to the adequate man, it was quite a good ceremony. But seriously - the flying tram? I hope they made sure some innocent schoolkid was targeted by some pathetic ticket inspector.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Seriously, if they wanted to make it a flying MELBOURNE tram, it had to rock up at least one minute late...

At least none of the kids on it would have paid for a ticket, which sort of makes it more Melbournian.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh, but don't forget, if it's 1 minute early or 7 minutes late, it's considered on-time by Yarra Trams ;)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Got up in time to see some kid sucking up to the Queen big time and Kiri te Kanawa singing Happy Birthday. Hope the rest of the event's better...
That's Dame Kiri to you. :cool:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sigh.

Go away.

Are you struggling to get through your head that New Zealand is a nation built on immigrants?

I know you're taking the Mickey, but I'm utterly tired of these silly comments.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Sigh.

Go away.

Are you struggling to get through your head that New Zealand is a nation built on immigrants?

I know you're taking the Mickey, but I'm utterly tired of these silly comments.
No offence meant.

To be fair tho Zoe Baker did win a gold for us at the last Commonwealth Games.