• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Assuming this is the thread for posting about the Six Nations, I want to prepare for this year's Six Nations by regaling you all with a parable from the greatest rugby coach that ever graced a rugby field...

“I want to tell you a story about a seventeen-year-old Italian boy by the name of Gucci. One evening his father came up to him and said, ‘My son, you’re getting to that age when you’ve got to work out what you’re going to do with your life.’
‘Well, my father,’ his son replies, ‘as a matter of fact I’ve been thinking about that and what I’m going to do is to go into the clothing business.’
‘That’s wonderful, my son. I’m really happy that you have been giving this some thought, but unfortunately here in Italy everyone’s in clothing and you’re not going to be able to compete.’
‘Well, my father, I’ve thought about that too. What I’m going to do is use the best products, the best designs, the best tailors. I’ll be able to complete because I’ll have a really wonderful product to sell.’
To which his father replied, ‘Well, again I’m happy, son, because you’ve obviously been thinking a great deal, but unfortunately there is a small problem – if you use only the best of everything, you’re going to have to charge the top price and no one will be able to afford your gear.’
And his son’s answer is the one which can carry you all the way through life. His son replied, ‘Yes, my father, but long after the price is forgotten, the quality will remain.’
And so what was ever-after known as the ‘Gucci factor’ was born. Do the hard work now and you’ll have long forgotten the pain but the rewards of the work will stay with you.”

Alan Belford Jones

Howe_zat

Audio File
An early penalty properly wasted by Jackson in an early reminder of how much less effective Ireland are sans ***ton. Followed by a turnover for the Scots.

Upset could be on here.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant stuff. Penalty kicked, doesn't find touch. England ahead, catch the ball with 15 seconds to go and hoof the ball straight back to them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and whoever is responsible for tables which have Wins, Losses and Draws in that order should be strung up by their short and curlies - and yes I'm aware yank sports often do it that way, which is another side benefit.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You can tell England played badly because Scaly made two whole posts on rugby.

Has to be our worst match if we're to win the championship. Good news is how we can use the strength in depth, but I fear Hartly and a couple of other forwards might be something of a liability with some of the best men out injured.

Seems clear that we have to have forward dominance to make much with ball in hand. The handling off the back foot was shocking, only when the replacements came on and started getting over the gain line did we actually look like last years' team.

Howe_zat

Audio File
P.S. no greater example of 'French flair' I have seen than Doussain missing touch on a penalty with 30 seconds to go

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh and whoever is responsible for tables which have Wins, Losses and Draws in that order should be strung up by their short and curlies - and yes I'm aware yank sports often do it that way, which is another side benefit.
:laugh: this is such an odd complaint