• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now full on group game mode. ****ing ponderous. Pass. Roll the ball back and forth. Pass. Stand on the ball, look up, have a sip of tea. Overhit a hopeful ball.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean you've been ****e, no denying it, but Iceland had got no credit at all. Level of team England should beat more often than not, but have no right to do it comfortably or look good doing it. Hodgson is facing unfairly high expectations for once.
I don't see how it is unfair to expect better performance from a team with a 100% qualifying record. Largely the same squad of players just flat out played a hell of a lot better throughout qualifying.

Speaking for myself, I don't just expect us to win against anyone ranked lower but I do hope we can at least play to the level we're capable of. People weren't mad 4 years ago because we pretty much did that.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
With Italy and Germany the players know what the plan is and execute it. I get zero sense that the English players know what the plan is or their part. Smacks of just playing PL attackers and hoping for the best from Roy.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England really do hit the heights of mediocrity at times - just when you think they might have changed the habits of a lifetime all the old uncertainty returns

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Pass, walk ... Repeat.

This has been Rooney all tournament playing at testimonial pace. This is normal for him.