• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you have pegged for your 4 semi finalists?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
WI will play India and destroy them, largely because they'll bowl above waist height and in true SC style, India will throw up all over themselves trying to play it and be all out for 140. WI will pass them in the 14th over, Gayle 138*

I will keep my public waiting for the exclusive final prediction.
Wow, accurate prediction, Burgey. You just got the team wrong.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia have had many great Steves but he’ll remain the greatest. RIP :’(

Daemon

Lets be real, Smith was fed balls on leg stump so WI could get his team mates out, then promptly skied a couple of bumpers that fell in no mans land. Meanwhile Carey and Coulter Nile had put on 90 odd in the time it took Smith to move from 25 to 52.

this post is in jest

Burgey

Lets be real, Smith was fed balls on leg stump so WI could get his team mates out, then promptly skied a couple of bumpers that fell in no mans land. Meanwhile Carey and Coulter Nile had put on 90 odd in the time it took Smith to move from 25 to 52.

this post is in jest
Yeh, Smith a well known failure in pressure situations like today....

Burgey

Lucky the best batsman in the world to deal with that sort of **** show was back after a year, yeah. Certainly NCN had a ****ing day out didn't he? I mean, like Spark said, he went from looking like he needed a bell in the ball for the first 30 to turning into AB de Villiers for his last 60. Was so damn weird. Like someone flicked a switch. Even he looked shocked at wtf he was doing. Was very tinny indeed.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That six he hit that didn't go over head height was probably the most brutal strike I've ever seen.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Lucky the best batsman in the world to deal with that sort of **** show was back after a year, yeah. Certainly NCN had a ****ing day out didn't he? I mean, like Spark said, he went from looking like he needed a bell in the ball for the first 30 to turning into AB de Villiers for his last 60. Was so damn weird. Like someone flicked a switch. Even he looked shocked at wtf he was doing. Was very tinny indeed.
Agreed, Burgey. I still respect and like Steve Smith the batsman. So, it is no surprise that he did that. But every one will agree that this win will not have been possible without that freak innings from NCN.

Zinzan

I only saw bits here and there, and whilst Smith didn't struggle as much as the other donkeys in the top order vs. the short ball, he did look decidedly uncomfortable a couple of times, once being his uncontrolled attempted pull to fine leg, when the fielder slipped over missing an easy catch, the other when he fended just shy of the leg-slip.

A quality batsman obviously, but let's not pretend he didn't have his own struggles vs. the short one last night. These things are relative.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The beauty of this World Cup is that I couldn't definitively say who the top 4 are going to be based on evidence so far. India were very impressive in their one match, England look good but are still good for the odd collapse and therefore loss in-between the punishment. Australia have found a way to win two matches but could easily have lost yesterday. New Zealand look good but nearly lost to Bangladesh, who look like they could win their fair share of matches also. Windies look way better than many gave them credit for but still found a way to lose against Australia. Pakistan are just so random. South Africa look awful but have enough about them that they could win a few matches still. Sri Lanka look very poor to me but again it's early days. Afghanistan don;t have the batting but might win a match or two given their attack.

I'm really enjoying this tournament.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I only saw bits here and there, and whilst Smith didn't struggle as much as the other donkeys in the top order vs. the short ball, he did look decidedly uncomfortable a couple of times, once being his uncontrolled attempted pull to fine leg, when the fielder slipped over missing an easy catch, the other when he fended just shy of the leg-slip.

A quality batsman obviously, but let's not pretend he didn't have his own struggles vs. the short one last night. These things are relative.
It was probably the scratchiest innings I've seen him play. Before his ban he was an immovable object who never even looked like miss-hitting, let alone getting out.