• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Wow. Just wow. Jaques scored a century in every one day match against the West Indies, all of them over 150. He scored 2-3 over 170!

I went to Bangladesh, won the test series 2-1 IIRC, then lost the ODI series. However, White, Hughes, North, D Hussey showed to me that they are all capable of coming into the side at different times.

The reason I lost to Bangladesh was I rested Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, M Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Lee for all but 1, Clark and Johnson was injured for a brief period of time, and Hodge broke his rib.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I have a bit of a selection problem at the moment, Jaques is about to come back from injury and his replacement Katich made 92 and 40. Also, I want to get a spinner into the team, but Tait, Lee, Hilfenhaus and Johnson are doing so well, and Clark is struggling to fit into the team.

EDIT: It was only a 2 match series, Jaques is fit for the one dayers. Katich made 119 and 94 in the second test to go with his 93 and 40 in the first match, giving him a average of 92.29 in his 4 tests against India and Bangladesh.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Won the ODI series 2-1, the last two games I won chasing in the last over, and the totals were around 230. Close TSTL.

New Zealand coming over now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS, I just lost another One Dayer after posting over 300 in the first innings, Gayle and Chanderpaul making centuries to guide the Windies to another victory. My bowlers got carted again, Symonds ended up my best and everyone else went to all parts.

I need serious help with these One Dayers.
That shouldn't happen. Get at two spinners in the side, White+Symonds should do a job if you're insistent on not picking MacGill. Bowl over or around the wicket depending on a batsman's preferences. I'd never, ever go above two bars of aggression in field placings. Defending a big total, let the batsmen get themselves out. If someone's going for runs and not taking any wickets, don't hesitate get them out of the attack even after only 3 or 4 overs. I can't post a big total whatever i do, so you're going to have to help me out with that :p.

Jakester1288

International Regular
That shouldn't happen. Get at two spinners in the side, White+Symonds should do a job if you're insistent on not picking MacGill. Bowl over or around the wicket depending on a batsman's preferences. I'd never, ever go above two bars of aggression in field placings. Defending a big total, let the batsmen get themselves out. If someone's going for runs and not taking any wickets, don't hesitate get them out of the attack even after only 3 or 4 overs. I can't post a big total whatever i do, so you're going to have to help me out with that :p.
I have been working with Krejza, working on his defensive bowling in the nets. He is only 25, and could be a part of the team for over 10 years, so I need him to find form now or in the next couple of months, or I will be switching to Hauritz/Casson or going back to the 4 quicks and White/Symonds/Clarke.

Also, I find that Clarke is a pretty dud batsmen, maintains his average, but makes low scores a lot between his 100's. I am trying to get some consistency into him, because he will probably be my captain when Ponting retires.

Also, is there any wicketkeepers who can bat? Haddin is averaging 31 in 17 innings, which is not going to guarantee his dropping, but if that gets any worse, I am thinking of either trailing Hartley/Paine or someone else or maybe even giving Hughes a go with the gloves.

I am honing Hughes technique, trying to give him more agressive shots, which could be the wrong way to go about it, but seeing as at the moment he only plays in Australia's One Day team, it's the way I think he has to go. When Hayden retires or loses form (he is slowly doing that) I will bring in Katich, then when Jaques/Katich get injured/lose form/retire, I should have Hughes prime and ready to come into tthe side.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Hayden381.jpg

I just made 381* with Hayden in a tour match in South Africa, pretty good, hopefully setting up his form for the test series.

He was going to make 400+ for sure, if it was more than a 3 day match.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Has anyone played Peter Siddle in test matches?

For me he has 24 wickets @ 31, and when he is only 24 or thereabouts, he is looking a real prospect for the future.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone played Peter Siddle in test matches?

For me he has 24 wickets @ 31, and when he is only 24 or thereabouts, he is looking a real prospect for the future.
Yeh Siddle has been pretty good for me, started off like a house on fire taking his first 50 wickets at about 22 but has come back to have 150 at about 28.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Yeh Siddle has been pretty good for me, started off like a house on fire taking his first 50 wickets at about 22 but has come back to have 150 at about 28.
Have you got any tips on how to train him, Krejza and Johnson for the future? I am shaping up a nice bowling attack, Siddle and Lee first up, Johnson on first change and then Krejza and White providing the spin. However, Krejza is inconsistent and White is not getting wickets at the moment, so my bowling attack is great when Krejza performs, but when he doesn't and goes for over 5 an over, we struggle to bowl them out under 400.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Whites 2008/09 season:

whites 200809.jpg

Great stuff from him. Over 1000 runs @ over 70, with 50 wickets @ 23 odd.

I'm in England for the Ashes now.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Believe it or not, I dropped White from my test side. I played him and Symonds for a few games together and separate, and Symonds was easily the best of the two. I started White in the first test however, and he made low scores when the team needed runs, and his bowling wasn't up to scratch, and we lost by 139 or something runs. Symonds scored a 100 in the second test, helping us win by over an innings and 100 runs. Krejza, in the first game, took only a few wickets for over 40 each, but in the second game, took 8 @ under 25. See what I mean about inconsistency?

I still need to know how to train Krejza, is he so promising, I put him on defensive and he doesn't get wickets, on aggressive and he goes for too many runs, so I put him on accuracy, and hoping that improves him allround as a bowler.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Now I am dropping Hayden for Katich, he is batting like a drunk praying mantis.

Just brought up a nice 383 with Hussey in a tour match in England.

husseyscorecard.jpg

Jakester1288

International Regular
I lost the Ashes, so angry at myself. I played so well in the second game. I needed Krejza to take some wickets in the last innings of the last game, I declared early to give myself a shot at drawing the series, they needed 30 runs and I needed 4 wickets in roughly an hour. They ended up winning! :mad: 3-1 England's way was the tally.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
So happy. Won the 2024 World Cup final against the Saffers chasing down 306. Was struggling at one stage at 4-87, but then had Malcolm (third ODI ton) and Palmer (first ODI ton) put on an unbroken 221-run stand to lift the trophy. Take that you bastards!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done SBI. :) Sounds similar to the 2007 World Cup with my New Zealand team a while back. India made 329 batting first and then McCullum (at number six) smashed 119 after we were 4/61 to see us make over 300 but fall just short of the target unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.