• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ponting has just brought up his 50th test ton.

Just a couple of quick questions.

How do you know when a player retires? Does it pop up saying that or do they just disappear?

Will dropping Ponting from the one day team prolong his test career? If not, I will keep him going in one dayers. He is 37 at the moment in 2012, I want to keep him going for a bit longer to beat Robertinho's 52 test tons with him. :p
If you're playing as an english county you'll be informed which players have retired when you get to the contracts for the next year. At international level they just disappear - a retired players screen at the start of each year or something along those lines has always been brought up as something that should be improved in future versions.

Personally I've never found that using a player in one form of the game but not the other has any impact on prolonging careers. Only real effect IMO is form.

Flem274*

123/5
Played against Lara at 41 and Matty Horne is still batting for Auckland at 41.

Then there's ****s like Vettori that ditch at 32. Wanker, was just starting to sort the bowling attack too. Not to mention he was on track for 600 wickets if he'd played as long as everyone else.

There should definitely be a retired players screen made imo, and keep their in a retired players hall section so I can go back and act like Mark Nicholas when I view Flemings record.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Have a couple of gun regens, one is a bowler, Alec Owen, and offie, who has 121 wickets @ 21.47 this season in 29 matches. 3 of those tests, where he has taken 10 wickets @ 18.60, boosted a bit by 5-50 against Zimbabwe but he looks the goods at only 23.

Also have a awesome young lad who goes by the name of Mark Danvers, who made 382* in his Test debut (or perhaps it was his second test) and carried his bat through the whole innings. He averages over 100 in 9 innings for Australia at the moment, to go with his FC average over 58. Also a handy 38 in the one day matches, and is yet to make his one day international debut.

A fair few gun regens who can't make my team either, good news.

bryce

International Regular
Suppose we should've given those two a few more overs in the succession game then... :ph34r:
tbf this is a few seasons down the track and they are a bit better now, but yeah that succession game was what made me start a lancs game. We done alright in the CC didn't we? Lol

bryce

International Regular
Nah MCC are really ****. I remember posting a similar score using NZ side with a very long batting list

Status
Not open for further replies.