Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Official *tooextracool v Richard Thread* (**Warning** May contain long posts)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

The Official *tooextracool v Richard Thread* (**Warning** May contain long posts)

This is now the official tooextracool v Richard thread, where they can post there long and boring threads here and not clog up interesting threads that others may want to take part in.

Go for it boys...
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    If only...

Alas it is but wishful thinking that this would slow, let alone stop them.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    It is wishful thinking indeed to think that every me-vs-tooextracool debate could be confined to a single thread.
    And how many times must it be said?
    It is not impossible for others to post their own discussions in the middle of threads in which me and tooextracool are having our 50-quote-post diatribes.
    It should also be noted that, in the recent 3-day absence of tooextracool, there was very little active-thread movement, suggesting that threads in which others wish to participate are actually fairly few in number and that the presence of 10 threads almost solely posted in by tooextracool and myself do not in fact prohibit others from any discussion they wish to take part in. In fact, it suggests that there are plenty of threads which would run a course far sooner than were tooextracool and myself present, and that others have absolutely nothing they wish to contribute to these threads.

Is that clear enough for everyone?

EDIT: I'd just like to make another thing clear: I am not attempting to impose undue authority upon the forum, I am not telling James, Andre, Rich T, Corey, Neil and Liam how to do things - were they to speak to me and ask me if it would not be possible to tone down the massive posts I would have no hesitation attempting to do so. However, I think they may share my thoughts that it would be most unfair to impose a restriction on the amount of debate someone is allowed to take part in, and the amount of content they are allowed to post, and the size of posts, and so on.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-10-2004 at 07:49 AM.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Probably need about 50 'The Official *tooextracool v Richard Thread* (**Warning** May contain long posts) ' threads so that Richard can post 1-15 messages on each thread in sequence and then it be time for him to sort through his ball-by-ball compilations of "Zimbabwe: The 'competitive but still getting stuffed by an innings in the end' years 2000-2001" before he goes back to sleep dreaming of all those 100s of rubbish shots that people have played at McGrath, Pollock and Harmison over the past month.

Keep trying that sarcastic crap, you might actually get someone to share your ludicrous total derision someday.
    Doubt it, though. Most people on here actually have some respect for me.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Pinball Champion!
    Most people on here actually have some respect for me.

I'm racking my brains
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I have to be honest, I do kinda admire Richard's passion for cricket. He obviously cares about the sport very deeply.

I think, and this is meant as constructive criticism, that in his (numerous) posts he comes across as being a tad dogmatic in his beliefs. Maybe the arrogance of youth? Dunno. Guess that's for him to say.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I have to be honest, I do kinda admire Richard's passion for cricket. He obviously cares about the sport very deeply.

I think, and this is meant as constructive criticism, that in his (numerous) posts he comes across as being a tad dogmatic in his beliefs. Maybe the arrogance of youth? Dunno. Guess that's for him to say.

Yeah I have respect for both Richard and tooextracool, I just object to the massive posts. I used to read them, but they get too long and too often, so I just stop reading a thread when they (Richard & TEC) get started. Perhaps not every line of everyon'es posts need to be analysed.

I think both have the right to express their views, but should take it somewhere else (like MSN) when it gets to taking up 10+ pages (and that aint no exageration!).

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    EDIT: I'd just like to make another thing clear: I am not attempting to impose undue authority upon the forum, I am not telling James, Andre, Rich T, Corey, Neil and Liam how to do things

No, it doesn't seem that way either
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Yeah I have respect for both Richard and tooextracool, I just object to the massive posts. I used to read them, but they get too long and too often, so I just stop reading a thread when they (Richard & TEC) get started. Perhaps not every line of everyon'es posts need to be analysed.

I think both have the right to express their views, but should take it somewhere else (like MSN) when it gets to taking up 10+ pages (and that aint no exageration!).
    good to see that someone respects us
    sometimes i dont really understand how 10+ pages is worse than no posts at all. i dont log on here that often, i didnt log on for a while recently, i think there was enough time for people to post whatever they wanted in my absence(something that will be quite frequent), yet apparently not many people did. personally i think all this is just an excuse for whatever reasons that people just dont have anything to post, and they dont want the 2 of us to do so either.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    more of their arguments are interesting than not, not that i always read the really long posts
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    No, it doesn't seem that way either
    Really?
    How am I trying to, eh?
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I agree with the whole long post issue, so how about this...

List a topic which may have come up in another thread and you two have the urge to debate. Then add a code that complements it. (eg Best is better than Tendulkar [A1])
    Then you guys can discuss away in this thread with long posts and all in peace and quiet. When you move on to another topic then just state it as previously suggested and continue. If you two wish to return to an old topic, or are discussing several at a time, just post the title/code in the subject of your post and post away.

Not sure how clear that is, but it would certainly ease the aggravation levels of some of the CW users.

Hmm, I think I'll have to read that post about 50 times before I understand that one!
    Yes, there is definately a problem that many things are done in about three threads at a time.
    It usually springs-up when one of us, in an attempted jibe, says "like in the case of blah-blah" (for instance, tooextracool might say "like the Motera wicket turned you might say?"; "like Graeme Smith such-and-such"; "like Chaminda Vaas such-and-such"; I might say "like Ealham never bowled in the first 15 you might say?"), and inevitably the reply is "oh, yes, but I was right blah-blah" and so one debate turns into four, with similar replies in four threads.
    Of course, similar topics come-up (for instance, the one about the best Pakistan XI throws-up very similar things to the Chopra-or-not one).
    Two of the biggest problems come-up in that tooextracool (apparently) has watched a lot of cricket and very regularly makes claims that I know quite clearly is not the case, mainly because I've watched it and am equally certain of something. Three of the best examples are the Motera wicket (tooextracool: "it was slow turn and slow turn is no use to any spinner"; me: "it turned, and good spinners can use any turn"); the WACA wicket (tooextracool: "it didn't turn and I'm absolutely sure it didn't"; me: "it turned, plenty, I remember plenty of balls quite clearly turning"); and the Lord's wicket (tooextracool: "cricinfo says one ball moved and I think it did, too - this means the wicket was bowler-friendly"; me: "I've got the ball on tape and it didn't move, I watched the match very clearly - no deliveries moved significantly off the seam and very rarely were helpful swinging conditions present").
    You see the problems? Repetetive disputes on slightly different, but very comparable, topics.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    good to see that someone respects us
    sometimes i dont really understand how 10+ pages is worse than no posts at all. i dont log on here that often, i didnt log on for a while recently, i think there was enough time for people to post whatever they wanted in my absence(something that will be quite frequent), yet apparently not many people did. personally i think all this is just an excuse for whatever reasons that people just dont have anything to post, and they dont want the 2 of us to do so either.
    I think it is because people stop following the thread when the realise it is going down the inevitable, I won't give ground & neither will I path. It's like "Here we go again, they're at it again! That's it for my involvement in this thread."

I, and I assume most other like me have about a 5 line post attention span, any longer than that and it can get too much, especially if there are about 5 or 6 posts in a row that are 15-30 lines long.

Not every sentence in a post needs to be debated, a simple summary would be enough.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information