• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Great innings Tom. His best for New Zealand since he was a pupper in the Emirates.
Thought he deserved a century for his efforts in India 2016, UAE 2018-19 aside he's been really good in Asia.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham's going to have to start using his pad to Perera when the ball pitches outside leg if he hopes to make this a daddy.

Flem274*

123/5
if will young didn't exist and we had more realistic back up openers than a kid and a 35 year old i'd seriously consider trying tom latham at #4 after ross retires.

Ulzan69

Banned
Congratulation for 10th century
I liked this guy,

What's happen to Young?
He seems to me Future of NZ just like Jaiswal of Bombay india.i hopefully see jaiswal in ind A team to NZ series in 2019-20.i wish NZ win and square series 1/1 they can do that if no further rains.180 + overs are enough to dismiss Lanka vs world's better fast bowler last tour NZ seam Dept took 17 wickets at Columbo,they can repeat on day 4

Ulzan69

Banned
Do you know
Nicholas now #5 in test ranking by ICC Root #9
Karunaratne & Kock after Nichollas.

Mark N will be new number 4 when Rossco retires

Moss

Latham and Watling were playing really well in that last 30 mins or so. A couple of KW efforts aside, don't think I've seen such assured batting from a kiwi player in spinner friendly conditions since probably Ryder in India 2010.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good days play. NZ need to aim for 350 before tea and hope Soult can finally do some new ball damage. That Bolt clinger from day 1 currently looks likely to have cost us the series sadly. Still can't take anything away from Latham. He's given us a real chance. It's probably too much too hope for, but I just wonder whether this will turn out to be a watershed innings for him a la KW in 2012. You can see from his career strike rate that he's always played as a real grinder despite having all the shots. He played with positivity and #intent today and looked great. Reckon if he plays like that more often he'll do better than looking to Richardson it and get ground down till his concentration snaps.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ did what they had to today, although they should have finished it off quicker and cheaper this morning, the pitch is pretty good for batting, and the SL attack is nothing special, save for some excellent batting tomorrow and an SL collapse on day 5 I can't see a result, but wouldn't mind seeing a bit more rain regardless

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crap slot selection from Williamson and Taylor. Uber disappointing. Latham played well and it's about time we declare Watling the keeper bat of the decade. Also, Embuldeniya is really easy to sweep.

Flem274*

123/5
those mega covers are on, this game is absolutely toast

nz being crushed by going missing in that final innings last test

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
those mega covers are on, this game is absolutely toast

nz being crushed by going missing in that final innings last test
2 test series' just need to go in the bin for this reason, SL win one day of cricket and the whole thing is decided, hardly fair

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd recommend not scrolling through the comments on Cricinfo's tweet about Watling's batting record for a NZ 'keeper. I'm guessing the bots picked up on the "BJ" part. Awkward.

Moss

The test championship should never have counted 2 match series at all.
Not just the fact that it's a test chsmpionship, the series has been an excellent hard-fought one so far, on some of the better subcontinent pitches I can remember. NZ's first tour in 7 years and who knows how long before the next one.