• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Niall

International Coach
Just lol at Smith sitting out for a year

CA is a joke
He's ruined the game, never before have we seen anything like that. Think of the children watching etc...

All crap jokes aside, the length of the ban is absurd, a few months was more than enough especially when considering the international shaming and missing of the IPL that followed.

This test looks done bar a miracle, India won't be chasing anything with such a misfiring opening partnership and LOL lower order.

Another test, another loony selection in Yadav rather than Jadeja, Shastri is a sham.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol Craddock saying Kohli has nothing to apologise for. Apologise for yourself ****. Bloke is a spoiled brat. He’s played and missed 27 times to Cummins alone and wants a second hit after he’s caught. Pull your head out of your own arse
Bound to happen mate

Oz has become a PC hell hole where we’re bound to give undue credit to members of former UK colonies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bound to happen mate

Oz has become a PC hell hole where we’re bound to give undue credit to members of former UK colonies
Ugh. Really? That’s where we are going? Can’t you just call him a spoiled brat without bringing all the other nonsense into it?

Gnske

Ugh. Really? That’s where we are going? Can’t you just call him a spoiled brat without bringing all the other nonsense into it?
Then perhaps you need to learn about important things, like history, and context. social is a student of the former and a master of the latter.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I was watching till Kohli got out and then missed the rest. Lyon! WAG!

Are Australia throwing their wickets away again or is the pitch finally playing a bit naughty? I am worried this pitch will is not turning nasty and Australia is going to give India not much more than 200 to chase.

Starfighter

Are Australia throwing their wickets away again or is the pitch finally playing a bit naughty?
Australia are throwing their wickets away, and the pitch is about as naughty as day 1 which means it will presumably become not naughty again when India's batting like the first innings.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s playing naughty around the leftie off stump more than the right handers’. But doing it more when it’s slightly short of a length. Been a couple of loose shots but tbh, Head’s shot was absolutely on. You can’t be a leftie even at park level and not try to square cut that sort of filth. He just executed badly. Khawaja doing his best to get out for the last three overs was very odd though.

Burgey

Australia are throwing their wickets away, and the pitch is about as naughty as day 1 which means it will presumably become not naughty again when India's batting like the first innings.
When they ceded a 50 run margin?

Unless Australia completely falls in a hole and doesn’t lead by 200, this will be a very, very hard chase for India. If they lead by 230-250 I’d say it’s 80% Australia’s and if they get it out to 300 India should forfeit to save getting broken fingers in a hopeless cause

Starfighter

When they ceded a 50 run margin?

Unless Australia completely falls in a hole and doesn’t lead by 200, this will be a very, very hard chase for India. If they lead by 230-250 I’d say it’s 80% Australia’s and if they get it out to 300 India should forfeit to save getting broken fingers in a hopeless cause
India had both their openers yorked and has a tail to rival England's from the '99 series. There was definitely less inconsistent bounce when they were batting, not least because it is generally more in the left handers' area as you say.

morgieb

Yeah it would take the mother of all collapses for India to be favoured to chase down a 4th innings target, especially given Finch should bat again tomorrow. You'd need Kohli to produce a GOAT knock for India to win if they're chasing 250+.

stephen

Can we all appreciate just how bad Travis Head's dismissals have been? I don't think I've ever seen him beaten by a good ball. Bloke gets out to wide half volleys because his feet are set in concrete. You can work him over but bowling a tight back of a line length, then throwing out a wide sucker ball and you'll literally get him out every time.

It's so bloody obvious against him that it's a wonder he's ever scored any runs. It actually speaks to how talented the bloke is that all he needs to do is move his feet and he'll suddenly be world class.

Handscomb has to go. He brings nothing to the side with his ridiculous stance. He's not test match quality and won't ever be until he fixes that stance. Bailey and Chanderpaul are positively orthodox by comparison and at least neither of them have an exploitable stance like Handscomb's. He's the only bloke I really don't mind getting out because it means we're not subjected to his weird ugliness.

Kohli is a piece of work. 123 in spite of his struggles against Cummins is ridiculous and true champion material. Has the Ponting problem of being a bit of a Dick on field but you forgive it anyway because he's such a good player.

Bumrah is such a great bowler to watch. Passionate and skilled. He's easily the best since Kapil and probably even better than him.

Ishant is the most improved player ever.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think its because of the lefties in the au xi more than anything

We should win if we bat sensibly
Yeah I'm not a big fan of doom and gloom either. Aus clearly favorites, but these guys are paid pros and are bound to come off once in a chase at least out of however many times they've failed recently. Law of averages and all.

That only applies if we're chasing 250 tops. Have to bowl out of our skins to stay alive here.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I'm not a big fan of doom and gloom either. Aus clearly favorites, but these guys are paid pros and are bound to come off once in a chase at least out of however many times they've failed recently. Law of averages and all.

That only applies if we're chasing 250 tops. Have to bowl out of our skins to stay alive here.
Average openers,an inexperienced dude at 6 ,a mental at 7 and 4 rabbits away from home against a non sri Lankan attack?

Its not game over obviously, but damn its hard to really make an argument for them.

SeamUp

International Coach
KL time tomorrow to set up the chase with one of his backs-to-the-wall-shot-at-every-ball-type-innings 40-60 to give momentum.

If India had Bhuvi/Jadeja at 8 I would give them a real chance. But obvz Kohli has to do something special.

stephen

Average openers,an inexperienced dude at 6 ,a mental at 7 and 4 rabbits away from home against a non sri Lankan attack?

Its not game over obviously, but damn its hard to really make an argument for them.
True. But Australia has one world class batsman, a rookie opener, a makeshift opener whip failed there consistently at domestic level, a middle order batsman who averages his age, another middle order batsman who opens himself up to lbw and hit wicket dismissals for no good reason and a batsman who doesn't know how to move his feet. Australia's best batting techniques are found in a keeper who hasn't hit a first class century in a decade and the number 8.

And of these guys, few are averaging over 40 at first class level.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
True. But Australia has one world class batsman, a rookie opener, a makeshift opener whip failed there consistently at domestic level, a middle order batsman who averages his age, another middle order batsman who opens himself up to lbw and hit wicket dismissals for no good reason and a batsman who doesn't know how to move his feet. Australia's best batting techniques are found in a keeper who hasn't hit a first class century in a decade and the number 8.

And of these guys, few are averaging over 40 at first class level.
All said and done, Aus still have 175 on board. It is already a winning total I feel. All you need is Kohli and Pujara.

stephen

All said and done, Aus still have 175 on board. It is already a winning total I feel. All you need is Kohli and Pujara.
Honestly I won't feel comfortable than anything less than 250. Kohli is very determined and he just has to repeat his first innings for India to win.