• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Howe_zat

Audio File
If these two take it till close it means Vern might be able to bat. If they can get to about 100 behind then it gives them a small % chance if they bowl supremely
Good timing.

I'm surprised they're still playing at this time, even if they did lose quite a few overs yesterday.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
'Girls don’t go out with you if you're tentative' - Boycott on Jennings

Hmm. Surprised BBC had this headline.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely hope Philander is fine and if it means missing next week to make sure it nothing long term so be it. I know we have joked about him this last couple of days but none of us thought it was as serious as it has turned out and I hope it is a bad bout of food poisoning and nothing else.

Looks like we are well on top here, seems bat first and get a good score and you are well ahead of the game in this series. Made up for TRJ, he should have been in the side in the opening test as he has been the best bowler in county cricket for a couple of years. No idea if he will be able to do anything away from home but deserves a chance and means we don't need to rush Woakes back if he isn't fully fit.

S.Kennedy

The follow-on option will be an interesting moment in assessing the type of captain Root will be - or wants to be.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd make them follow on just because it's England you never know when it's gonna rain buckets

anywhere else I'm happy to blast a quick second innings score and set them a huge unscaleable total. surprised Kohli's decision is getting hated on in the other match thread

S.Kennedy

If it was Cook, he'd bat again so they could have a 600 lead (and end up running out of time). It will be interesting what Root chooses.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don;t see why they wouldn't enforce the follow on if they bowl them out quickly. 40-odd overs is not much of a workload at all.