• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good of South Africa to give Southee another chance to practise his last-over bowling, but nicely making it a little easier for him this time. Sounds like a very good final over.

Anyway, a very pleasing win.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good of South Africa to give Southee another chance to practise his last-over bowling, but nicely making it a little easier for him this time. Sounds like a very good final over.

Anyway, a very pleasing win.
Ah come on, game was still live he managed to not give him any boundaries in the first four balls and sealed it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How was the contrast between Boult and Southee's second-to-last overs and their last ones.

vcs

Hell of a fight by SA in the end. Thought NZ were heading for a comfortable win after the 8th wicket fell, and I looked away from the scorecard for a while.

Zinzan

Ah come on, game was still live he managed to not give him any boundaries in the first four balls and sealed it.
Fair-issh I suppose, but Boult won the game. Southee would have to have snatched a pretty enormous defeat from the jaws of victory to go 15+ with Pretorius back in the shed.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Phew..these wins after lower order rearguards are getting more ridiculous by the game. 280 is something I'd back NZ to defend against the likes of Pakiatan and Australia, but was not too sure against South Africa so great to see. Their batting depth is crazy.

Well done Ross and Kane for laying the platform even if the continued dependence on them is unhealthy. Neesham too, that was one of his better ODI knocks and he's definitely compensating for his bowling.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Phew..these wins after lower order rearguards are getting more ridiculous by the game. 280 is something I'd back NZ to defend against the likes of Pakiatan and Australia, but was not too sure against South Africa so great to see. Their batting depth is crazy.

Well done Ross and Kane for laying the platform even if the continued dependence on them is unhealthy. Neesham too, that was one of his better ODI knocks and he's definitely compensating for his bowling.
The batting depth is exposing weaknesses in our bowling though.... and Duminy/Behardien/Miller is still an issue for me. (Miller less so since he learnt to rotate strike better).