• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Really good effort by Oz today; apart from Renshaw's catching and SOK's post-Tea bowling did very little wrong. Liked Smith keeping on a paceman from one end as long as he did.

Rahul's innings was such a strange one; largely flawless till he reached 50 then looked likely to get out for next half-a-dozen deliveries. Then, when seemed mentally reset plays an absolute horror of a shot.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So the game is even again after this second day. This series just keeps delivering. Top bowling effort from Lyon by the sounds of it.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Test cricket huh. wake up expecting India to pile on the runs. Follow it for a short while before crying in despair so I go to the beach instead. Come home and find out that Lyon has brought Australia back into the game. IF they can finish off the tale tomorrow the scene can be set for the most famous swashbuckling 2nd innings century of Warner's career. (and just in case of anti jinx... or his most infamous 0).

I really haven't enjoyed a series so much in a long long time. I'm sick of steamrolling opposition at home. South Africa could have been a good series but they went and ****ed it up by winning.

Victor Ian

International Coach
1 more wicket for Lyon to be the second most prolific wicket taker against India. Lyon is outperforming Ashwin! What do you expect? They say Ashwin has a big brain, but just take a look at Lyon and you know he has a bigger brain!

TNT

Banned
1 more wicket for Lyon to be the second most prolific wicket taker against India. Lyon is outperforming Ashwin! What do you expect? They say Ashwin has a big brain, but just take a look at Lyon and you know he has a bigger brain!
Lyon is already Australia's highest wicket taken v India but there are many more bowlers with more Indian wickets than him.

Burner

International Regular
Australia advantage now. Although I wouldn't relax if I was a bowler, I can count multiple times in recent times when in this exact position the Indian tail delivered and made a position such as this one to a first innings winning lead. With the most recent one happening just last week. Although there was always one pure batsman in those instances.

If Aus can get India all out before they break into lead or even at least before they get a lead of more than 50, they'll be favourites to win this match. Don't see India chasing much with how they've played Lyon here.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Just for perspective and to continue the Lyon love, if he can take 14 wickets in his next 4 tests he will have out performed Jason Gillespie.

(sort of - if runs per wicket, strike rates and mullets mean nothing to you and only total wickets count)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
With their team selection, India do NOT want a chase of over 200 in the last innings. That will go badly, especially as apparently the Indian players are playing Lyon way worse than they ever played Warne...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Did NOT think I'd ever be saying this about this Australian team but these two teams are just about even in these conditions. I think it says more about this Indian team rather than the Australian team but hey, there it is.

Burner

International Regular
The only Indian batsmen that attacked the spinners today was Rahul. All the others, especially Rahane played dot after dot and allowed Lyon to get into the groove. From what I've seen of Lyon, he's very vulnerable if he gets some tap. He wasn't asked many questions by the Indians and when he's the secondary threat on this pitch, you can't afford to do that. Iyer could have come in handy on this pitch.

anil1405

International Captain
Did NOT think I'd ever be saying this about this Australian team but these two teams are just about even in these conditions. I think it says more about this Indian team rather than the Australian team but hey, there it is.
Aussies have done exceptionally well to adapt to the Indian conditions. I'd give due credit to Australia first for raising their bar and playing like a no.1 test side. Its not gonna be too long before they will regain the top spot if they continue to play like this.