• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funky idea for a draft, XIs will only be made of players from 2 chosen decades

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
in the end really though there are 24 choices that have to be made, so it makes sense some of the better decades will have to be shared by at least 3 people. 4 isnt that out there

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin Tendulkar (1980s)
Btw, is it just me who's noticed this trend in a lot of CW drafts, that being in spite of many rating Tendulkar as a god in certain threads, that he's very rarely chosen as one of the first batsmen picked in drafts. I don't just mean this one either where their tactics involved, I'm talking about across the board.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The initial rounds are all about bowlers, all rounders and wicketkeepers. Would be surprised if any batsman other than Bradman is selected in the initial stages.

Zinzan

The initial rounds are all about bowlers, all rounders and wicketkeepers. Would be surprised if any batsman other than Bradman is selected in the initial stages.
I was talking specifically about batsmen. I could be wrong but it intuitively feels the likes of Richards and Lara are often selected before him in these drafts.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I was talking specifically about batsmen. I could be wrong but it intuitively feels the likes of Richards and Lara are often selected before him in these drafts.
Think Lara and Viv are seen as more x-factor players and are selected earlier because of this.

Sachin is the most consistent against all teams in all conditions ever, but I think a lot of people see him as a bit vanilla early in a draft.

Zinzan

Think Lara and Viv are seen as more x-factor players and are selected earlier because of this.

Sachin is the most consistent against all teams in all conditions ever, but I think a lot of people see him as a bit vanilla early in a draft.
Could have something there.