• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funky idea for a draft, XIs will only be made of players from 2 chosen decades

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alan Knott to complete my team.

Arthur Morris
Bill Lawry
Graeme Pollock
Neil Harvey
Clive Lloyd (c)
Doug Walters / 5
Keith Miller / 2
Alan Knott +
Ray Lindwall / 1
Jim Laker / 4
Alec Bedser / 3
Nice side, kind of crept up on me. I always try to pick at least one leftie in my top 5, I see you opted for 5.

I'd be tempted to play around with that order a touch to mix the right & lefties. Walters or Miller could bat in the top 5 & Lloyd would make a great 6.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Alan Knott to complete my team.

Arthur Morris
Bill Lawry
Graeme Pollock
Neil Harvey
Doug Walters / 5
Clive Lloyd (c)
Keith Miller / 2
Alan Knott +
Ray Lindwall / 1
Jim Laker / 4
Alec Bedser / 3
Like this team. But Harvey to 3 and Pollock to 4.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest 70s and 80s Hunks

Lee Irvine
Brendon Kuruppu (wk)
Alwin Kallicharan
Martin Crowe (vc)
Allan Border (c) (7)
Aravinda De Silva (6)
Tony Greig (4)
Richard Hadlee (1)
Wasim Akram (2)
Ian Bishop (3)
Abdul Qadir (5)

An amazingly well balanced side given I got pretty rough drafting positions in the first 3 rounds. ATG new ball bowling attack and very very good 3rd and 4th seamers, mainly coz both bowlers are used to playing those roles for their respective sides. Qadir as the main attacking spinner, Border and Aravinda to provide the other spin options in spinning tracks. Batting wise, some flair from Kuruppu and doggedness from Irvine and the class of Kallicharan, Crowe and Silva with the spine of Border and the all round abilities of Greig, Wasim, Sir Richard and Bishop himself. And a brains trust of Border's steel and Crowe's inventiveness will only spell success for the Hunks. :)