• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Niall

International Coach
Junaid khan seems to be fit and bowling well. BPL should not be the standard for selection but taking out the tournament and only watching junaid gives the feeling that he's back into the groove. Not sure if black_warrior is watching junaid in these matches. His speed is back up and moving the ball both ways.
Squad has been picked so to late for him no matter what he did. He threatened to play for England not to long ago when he was sulking about not getting picked. Very poor attitude when you consider the amount of chances he was given. He deserves to be exiled a wee bit longer.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think Yasir Shah would be that useful except maybe at Sydney tbh

wouldn't be the first highly rated Asian spinner to come to Australia and get slapped

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah.. Don't think any Asian spinners apart from Bedi, Prasanna, Chandra and Shivlal Yadav have decent records in Australia... Think Shastri was good too.. But more as a hold one end up type of bowler.

OverratedSanity

Yeah.. Don't think any Asian spinners apart from Bedi, Prasanna, Chandra and Shivlal Yadav have decent records in Australia... Think Shastri was good too.. But more as a hold one end up type of bowler.
Saqlain and Mushy had some excellent games in Australia. Herath had a good little tour in 2011/12 too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Most likely Pakistan will look good and push Australia hard in patches imo, but will drop critical catches, give away wickets and give up the advantage they could have gained. Then in other patches Australia will really get away, score a whole lot of runs and boss each match from then on.

I hope it's more competitive than that but I think the above is the most likely.

TheJediBrah

Saqlain and Mushy had some excellent games in Australia. Herath had a good little tour in 2011/12 too.
Yeah good call. 12 wkts @ 33 for Herath in 2012/13, which is pretty impressive for an overseas spinner.

He comfortably outbowled Lyon in that series too

vcs

Kumble had two great tours of Australia in the mid-2000's as well.
His effort in 2003-04 against an ATG Australian lineup was probably the greatest bowling I've ever seen by an Indian bowler away from home. Legend.

OverratedSanity

His effort in 2003-04 against an ATG Australian lineup was probably the greatest bowling I've ever seen by an Indian bowler away from home. Legend.
Such flat pitches too. Would be considered legendary if Parthiv hadn't missed those chances and we'd won at Sydney.

cnerd123

likes this
I never bet on anything that can talk back, mate.

Australia winning the last test doesn't solve the propensity to collapse. I'm not over estimating Pakistan, I have no confidence in Australia.
Is Burgey Gambhiring?

This is Pak's best chance to beat Australia IMO, so I agree with those saying it's not that straightforward. Their bowling can do the job here, and if their batsmen turn up and Australia's don't, they'll win.

morgieb

Is Burgey Gambhiring?

This is Pak's best chance to beat Australia IMO, so I agree with those saying it's not that straightforward. Their bowling can do the job here, and if their batsmen turn up and Australia's don't, they'll win.
I don't think calling Australia's batting **** is Gambhiring.

vcs

Amir's on fire though! CA XI are down 4 wickets for 3 runs, Riaz with one wicket, Amir three.

Daemon

Amir's on fire though! CA XI are down 4 wickets for 3 runs, Riaz with one wicket, Amir three.
Haha love how you couldn't say 3/4 because it's being played in Australia and that would just confuse everyone

listento_me

U19 Captain
Mushy was exceptional at times, he got 9 wickets in back to back tests

Saq not too bad and Bedi damn good too. Prasanna had a pretty average second series.

Herath had a short tour as you alluded too but did good enough for a couple 5 fors. Can't go wrong with that.

Asian spinners have done well in Australia, in recent times even Kaneria managed 3 5 fors, although at quite a high average.

Shah will do good if he can maintain his control, which is often exceptional. Lets just hope the injury isnt a big issue.

Burgey

Yeah he was immense that tour. Was so good

Burgey

Wasn't Befi's tour here vs a WSC era establishment Australia team? I remember my grandfather taking me to watch the Sydney test of the 77/78 series and seeing Kim Hughes hit him into the top deck of the Members Stand. But I think he bowled India to a win that game.