• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Curtly Ambrose vs Jimmy Anderson

Pick 1 for your world 11 team

• Curtly Ambrose

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • jimmy anderson

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No freaking way!

Anderson can never be an Ambrose.

Ambrose is the kinda guy who gets transferred from another school and takes your girlfriend.

Gob

International Coach

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Jimmy A is the greatest out and out swing bowler ever
Wasim, Lindwall, Alderman all disagree.

I mean, Alderman was basically Anderson but much better. If Alderman had been English he'd be remembered as an ATG. In 12 tests in England, Alderman took 88 wickets at 19. Unbelievable. If Alderman had been English and played 76 tests in England like Anderson has, Alderman would have taken 608 IN HOME TESTS ONLY!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I mean, Alderman was basically Anderson but much better. If Alderman had been English he'd be remembered as an ATG. In 12 tests in England, Alderman took 88 wickets at 19. Unbelievable. If Alderman had been English and played 76 tests in England like Anderson has, Alderman would have taken 608 IN HOME TESTS ONLY!
Anderson is ahead of alderman by about as big a margin as ambrose is ahead of anderson.

Loved your math though.

DriveClub

International Regular

Come on you can't extrapolate stats like that but yeah I forgot about wasim for some reason it never registered that he was an out and out swing bowler simply because he had so many tricks. Lindwall I don't know haven't seen him, one of my fav swing bowlers was Damien Fleming shame he couldn't play many

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fleming deserved a spot in the 01 ashes. Conditions made for his bowling. Stupid overrated Brett Lee

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Can't blame me when the post starts off attempting to be serious and then veers off into trolling. Gotta commit to one or the other.
Can't blame me when the facts clearly show Alderman did what Anderson does but did it better.

Starfighter

I don't recall Alderman being able to swing the ball back into the right hander. That's something I suppose.

stephen

Heh, reading back over this thread I can't believe anyone took my comment as anything more than a sledge.

Of course Anderson isn't in Ambrose' class but no one takes that many wickets if they're bad.