• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Shah: Century Man

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wonderful bowler and well deserved record. He s already a guy I regularly pick in drafts. Hope he continues in the same vein and does not become another Mushy.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin congratulated Yasir on Twatter for his 100.. that's because he knows he's not a threat to him. :ph34r:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Ashwin on the prospect of Yasir beating his record for the fastest SC cricketer to 100 wickets:

Ashwin Ravichandran
Ashwin Ravichandran – Verified account ‏@ashwinravi99

@faizanlakhani @Shah64Y good luck,may the force be with him.He is such a delight to watch.
9:33 am - 12 Oct 2016
467 RETWEETS808 LIKES.
Ashwin when Yasir does achieve the feat:

Ashwin Ravichandran
Ashwin Ravichandran – Verified account ‏@ashwinravi99

Just a little late I guess, but very well done @Shah64Y.Double it up now.??
6:35 am - 16 Oct 2016
885 RETWEETS2,814 LIKES.
13/25 @***** :p

Julian87

State Captain
Best leggy without a Keith in his name since O'Reilly and Grimmett.

I look forward to seeing him play in Australia this season. Hoping to see him bowl live.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Did you watch the English series or just going by stats? You wouldn't be saying this if you had watched the series
I watched the series. He dominated the first game.

The second two games weren't good for him buy everyone has off days or off matches, plus at no point was he put to the sword by England. They just decided to play him economically.

3Rd game was a very strong come back and showed great mental fortitude.

Anyway, fastest modern bowler to a 100 wickets. Let's keep it at that.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Let's not make this a Yasir vs Ashwin thread please.

But yes Yasir is all kind of awesomeness. As for his England series, 2 5fers including a 10fer in 4 tests on your first ever England series when you are barely 15 tests old is a pretty good performance in my books.

Now for him to actually sustain this and go onto the next level, he will need to develop his leg break more. Right now he is too reliant on bowled and lbw and yes his control for a leggie is incredible but as was the case on the England series, good batsmen will ultimately figure that out and play him straight.

He will have to develop that leg break if he wants to get people out caught at slips or keeper.
Agreed. There's magic there, he could be better than ajmal but he'll need to develop the turn. Tbf a lot of it is probably down to the pitches. Even this uae pitch has been completely useless apart from the footholds.

Sorry but there is a massive asterisk on this record due to him being convicted of a drug violation during this period.
Stop ur whinging

Wonderful bowler and well deserved record. He s already a guy I regularly pick in drafts. Hope he continues in the same vein and does not become another Mushy.
Did mushy fade badly?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
despite Yasir's ability to take wickets it seems he goes for buckets of runs basically every innings this year so like, his average is actually climbing a bit despite his strikerate getting better and better

a lot of his 5 fors I've seen he also leaked like 100 runs

mr_mister

yeah that isn't too high a ladder to climb. like Saqqie and Mushie were great for a period of time but it'l be quite easy for Yasir to surpass their record

mr_mister

oh yeah before my time. scanned his stats on cricinfo once and wasn't impressed

jkz i just forgot him thats all

Furball

Evil Scotsman
its silly to think that yasir isn't dependent on the conditions like Ashwin is
I'd rather have a good leg spinner than a good off spinner because they're more likely to be effective in more conditions.

When it comes to his record in England that just demonstrates that spinners still rely on the fast men in England. Nobody bowled well in the 2nd Test for Pakistan which meant that as Yasir bowled more and more, the batsmen got used to him and milked him.

cnerd123

likes this
I love how everyone completes disregards Ajmal now. It's great.
It's a shame we don't know how much of his career was 'legal' and how much was chucked. If we did, I'd still be willing to rate him based off just the legal phase of his career.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's a shame we don't know how much of his career was 'legal' and how much was chucked. If we did, I'd still be willing to rate him based off just the legal phase of his career.
indeed, i would have done the same.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd rather have a good leg spinner than a good off spinner because they're more likely to be effective in more conditions.

When it comes to his record in England that just demonstrates that spinners still rely on the fast men in England. Nobody bowled well in the 2nd Test for Pakistan which meant that as Yasir bowled more and more, the batsmen got used to him and milked him.
A good legspinner is extremely hard to come by. By good I mean one who has a lot of control. Shane Warne is the only one who comes to my mind who had exceptional control. Yasir is pretty good with his but not at Warne levels yet. MacGill, Mushy, Abdul qadir, the other ones who come to mind but their control was not nearly as good. With off spinners its easier to contain the runs I think.