• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question No One Here Would Dare Ask

smash84

The Tiger King
Lol Irfan Pathan was comfortably better looking than most fasties from Pakistan. Agarkar as well. And Balaji as well.
possibly, but most fasties from pakistan are comfortably better looking than most fasties from india.

smash84

The Tiger King
Not really. Heads too big. Literally, physically too big. 3/10
Look, it says a lot about the ugliness of indian fast bowlers that Zaheer, Irfan, Balaji and Agarkar are the best looking fast bowlers to come out of India.

Contrast that to Fazal, Imran, Wasim, Wahab. It's not even a contest.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If there were any truth to the 'fast bowlers eat meat' theory then India's fast bowling stocks would mainly come from the 500 million odd meat eaters in the country. It's bollocks

listento_me

U19 Captain
I get it, Indians get defensive about their physicality and all, heck Nasser Hussain, himself half Indian, almost got destroyed by a bunch of Indian fans after he made teh same comment on air. BUt like he said, "it's true".

the same goes for Bengali "fast" bowlers. I don't think I've come across one who has touched 90mph, let alone gone over. Their diet consists largely of rice and daal and fish. If you look at the musculature and height/size of the Pakistani players, they're taller/broader than the Indians/Bengalis.

There's nothing wrong with that.

The same way English genetics and upbringing do not allow for express pace, yet the Aussies can deliver.

listento_me

U19 Captain
If there were any truth to the 'fast bowlers eat meat' theory then India's fast bowling stocks would mainly come from the 500 million odd meat eaters in the country. It's bollocks
who are these magical meat eaters and where do they reside?

You do know some Indian states have outlawed the slaughter of cattle right?

Meat eaters, unless you're from a rich background or protected by the shield of celebrity, are not common at all.

Shri

Mr. Glass
can you prove me otherwise?

Name me as many international level Indian bowlers who bowled 90+mph consistently, as often as the Pakistani ones.

Then go ahead and name Indian fast bowlers, equal in number to the Pakistani ones, with test averages and ODI averages of less than 25. Thanks.
Thats not the part you are wrong about. Its the reason you are attributing, which most people rightly consider to be lazy.

Shri

Mr. Glass
who are these magical meat eaters and where do they reside?

You do know some Indian states have outlawed the slaughter of cattle right?

Meat eaters, unless you're from a rich background or protected by the shield of celebrity, are not common at all.
Go to zomato, go look at any restaurant's menu, enlighten yourself. Because you could certainly sound smarter if you keep working on it. Not that you are not intelligent now.

91Jmay

International Coach
I get it, Indians get defensive about their physicality and all, heck Nasser Hussain, himself half Indian, almost got destroyed by a bunch of Indian fans after he made teh same comment on air. BUt like he said, "it's true".

the same goes for Bengali "fast" bowlers. I don't think I've come across one who has touched 90mph, let alone gone over. Their diet consists largely of rice and daal and fish. If you look at the musculature and height/size of the Pakistani players, they're taller/broader than the Indians/Bengalis.

There's nothing wrong with that.

The same way English genetics and upbringing do not allow for express pace, yet the Aussies can deliver.
English genetics and Australian genetics are as similar as you can get globally. Just pace bowling is borderline required in Australia, where as more often than not it is a hindrance in England.

smash84

The Tiger King
can you prove me otherwise?

Name me as many international level Indian bowlers who bowled 90+mph consistently, as often as the Pakistani ones.

Then go ahead and name Indian fast bowlers, equal in number to the Pakistani ones, with test averages and ODI averages of less than 25. Thanks.
Its simple. The difference is Imran Khan. If what you say is true then how come Pakistan never had any express bowlers before Imran and so many after him who say they took up fast bowling because of Imran?

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah it's all about the one big role model imo, like for the rest of the subcontinent you just think "subcontinental spin and rank turners" but pakistan has had awesome fast bowling since imran

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol Irfan Pathan was comfortably better looking than most fasties from Pakistan. Agarkar as well. And Balaji as well.
What? If Agarkar got caught in a cross breeze his ears would make him take off.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with this conversation about India's fast bowling problems compared with Pakistan's fast bowling resources and Pakistan's batting problems compared with India's batting resources is that people think they are the same conversation, or same narrative.

The most untrue narrative in cricket is the fact that somehow these things are connected. I mean these things happen all the time and people are perfectly capable of interpreting them in a rational way e.g Australia came out of England but how come Australia produced O Reilly, Benaud, Warne and MacGill and England produced Salisbury and Schoffields?

No one makes a stupid point like that because they know that these things don't have anything to do with each other. But with India and Pakistan, somehow it has to be part of the same narrative that India don't have fast bowlers and Pakistan do. It's not. Period.

Last edited: