• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question No One Here Would Dare Ask

listento_me

U19 Captain
The Afghanistan team is basically Pakistani refugees or guys who transitioned from sports like bodybuilding or wrestling. Naturally a lot of them are going to want to be fast bowlers.

UAE people eat the same food we eat in India. I grew up there, trust me I know.

Indian 'athletes' suck because we don't take athletics seriously. The only sport people take seriously is cricket, and grassroots and domestic cricket encourages batsmen, spinners and medium pacers in that order.

I mean ffs, these are Indian athletes too:

Make it rewarding for young indians to become fast bowlers, and you will see a lot more of them.
what are you on about UAE players? Most of them are Pakistani expats lol

Actually Arabs have quite different food, often not as much spices and masalas.

Stop trying to post all this useless stuff. You guys dont have any fast bowlers. Get over it. Jeez.

smash84

The Tiger King
yes *****, Arabs have quite different food from the SC. Sure they have kebabs (less spicy ones) and versions of tikka but usually their food is different

cnerd123

likes this
yes *****, Arabs have quite different food from the SC. Sure they have kebabs (less spicy ones) and versions of tikka but usually their food is different
The UAE team isn't arabs tho...

Are you really arguing with the expat from UAE about what expats in UAE eat??

FWIW, the UAE U-19 from the 2014 world cup was basically home grown, and their pace attack was 1 sri lankan, 1 pakistani and 2 indians:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under-19-world-cup-2014/content/squad/713783.html

If genetics and diet were such big factors you'd expect all the fast bowlers in the UAE side to be ethnically Pakistani, but that isn't the case.

I mean FFS India and Pakistan were literally one country 70 years ago. This has to be the dumbest argument in all of cricket.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
The UAE team isn't arabs tho...

Are you really arguing with the expat from UAE about what expats in UAE eat??

FWIW, the UAE U-19 from the 2014 world cup was basically home grown, and their pace attack was 1 sri lankan, 1 pakistani and 2 indians:

United Arab Emirates Under-19s Squad | ICC Under-19 World Cup, 2013/14 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

If genetics and diet were such big factors you'd expect all the fast bowlers in the UAE side to be ethnically Pakistani, but that isn't the case.

I mean FFS India and Pakistan were literally one country 70 years ago. This has to be the dumbest argument in all of cricket.
I thought when you said UAE people you meant the Arabs not the expat population. Of course the expat population eats what is basically eaten in the SC (not as good tasting as in the SC for some reason). Btw I have also lived in the UAE for 2 years so I do have some idea of the place. Your post was not very clear.

Edit: btw I never made the argument about food and genetics. I have already said its about role models. The man in my avatar the biggest difference. I only made the point about arabs having different food (which they do). Besides there is no rocket science about fast bowling. You just have to go in there and bowl quick. All that is needed is some motivation and attitude.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
what are you on about UAE players? Most of them are Pakistani expats lol

Actually Arabs have quite different food, often not as much spices and masalas.

Stop trying to post all this useless stuff. You guys dont have any fast bowlers. Get over it. Jeez.
Go back to school fam, smh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's a pity KW wasn't informed about this
Yesssssss. So good Daemon.

KW getting the ****s is my favourite thing I've ever created. Let it last forever and be used against him in GOAT arguments 20 years from now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whereas fam is an example of the crapness of people trying to start trends. Woeful and has 0 chance of taking off

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yesssssss. So good Daemon.

KW getting the ****s is my favourite thing I've ever created. Let it last forever and be used against him in GOAT arguments 20 years from now.
get over yourself jono, it had nothing to do with your colon jokes and everything to do with the fact that he actually had food poisoning.