• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The tier below the fab 4

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
quiet vic, Burgey and I are at war in multiple threads and I've just pulled out my ace card, bagging Lyon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WPNCOS will be lucky to still be in the team after the Lankan series.
WPNCOS will be the summer's leading wicket taker.

Principally because every other bowler will get injured at some stage.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Aww, come on his methods are unconventional but top class. He decided Murali was a chucker by putting a protractor on his tv. Wise man, that Jedibrah.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Always had a soft spot for Cheteshwar Pujara. Been a bit off the boil in recent past but I feel he is class

Gob

International Coach
Can't think of a bloke who got over hyped and carried out in tests due to their LO performances like Kohli has been tbh. Always felt AB and Viv were bit guilty of this but at least those blokes had long consistent runs in test cricket where they performed brilliantly. Kohli on the other hand baring a one series has done **** all to be considered among the best in the world. I mean you could well argue Dinesh Chandimal to be as good as him on the record

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why Indians and Australians shouldn't be allowed in these threads. Take your bitch fight in the Smith vs Kohli thread please.

This thread belongs to one and only Asad Shafiq.

TheJediBrah

This is why Indians and Australians shouldn't be allowed in these threads. Take your bitch fight in the Smith vs Kohli thread please.

This thread belongs to one and only Asad Shafiq.
Hey? Has there even been any Smith v Kohli discussion in this thread whatsoever?

I'm probably wrong but I can't remember any

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Prince's death hit Johnson pretty hard by all reports. He admitted he never felt the same about sconing blokes again.

That last Indian tour here was a weird-feeling summer. The whole season was just effected by what happened in that Shield game. Cricket really didn't seem that important to a lot of blokes, and understandably so
Didn't Johnson scone Kohli pretty badly in Adelaide? Seem to remember him hitting someone very early in the series and being very visibly affected by it.

morgieb

Didn't Johnson scone Kohli pretty badly in Adelaide? Seem to remember him hitting someone very early in the series and being very visibly affected by it.
Sure did. That and the Hughes thing saw him lose his physchological edge that he never truly recovered.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure did. That and the Hughes thing saw him lose his physchological edge that he never truly recovered.
This is obviously only conjecture as I clearly don't know Mitch, but I always got the impression from him that he never really had the **** about him to be a truly nasty, intimidatory fast bowler. He had a facade that he put up for a brief period and he found it was very successful for him.......but I never thought it was really him. To be frank he was too nice a bloke to be that bowler.

It was probably easy enough for him to get nasty against England in 2013/14 as I reckon he had a fair score to settle against the Old Enemy, but outside of that I just reckon he was trying to play a certain way that just wasn't natural for him.

If that's true then when the Hughes tragedy happened it's little wonder that he no longer wanted to put up that front.

PS.

That is not to say in any way that I think he's soft. It doesn't make you soft to not want to hurt (potentially seriously) your opposition, but for these types of fast bowlers it does mean he didn't have that edge that the likes of a Lee. Lillee or Aktar for eg had.