• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The tier below the fab 4

Xuhaib

International Coach
We know who are the big 4 in international cricket but how would you rank the batsmen in the next tier below. I have excluded AB,Amla, Cook, Taylor as these guys were already established before 2010. So rank these batsmen in order

Matthews,Chandmial, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Rahnne, Azhar ,Asad, Sarfraz, Bairstow, Stokes, Latham, Watling, Faf, Elgar, Bavuma, Tamim, Momin, Warner, Darren Bravo.

Add others if I have missed out any.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So rank these batsmen in order

Matthews,Chandmial, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Rahnne, Azhar ,Asad, Sarfraz, Bairstow, Stokes, Latham, Watling, Faf, Elgar, Bavuma, Tamim, Momin, Warner, Darren Bravo.
Off the top of my head without thinking about it too much;

Warner
Rahane
Pujara
Vijay
Mathews
Chandimal
Asad
Azhar
FAF
Momin
Bravo
Latham
Tamim
Dhawan
Bavuma
Bairstow
Watling
Sarfraz
Stokes
Elgar

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic 5* imo, with Mathews.
You're living in 2014 if you think that.

Mathew's has clearly fallen well behind those at the top in the last couple. Was badly exposed in the NZ earlier this year & has averaged 37 with just 3 hundreds in the last 2 years while the others have been going ballistic.

I felt I was generous placing him as high as I did above tbh.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He's class and also has been carrying a pretty average side, captaincy and all that. In fact, Smith, Kohli, Williamson and Mathews all average 50+ as captain and so I think we should forget about Joe 'The Myth' Root and put him in the tier below tbh :ph34r:

He's had a bad 2016 (and an 'average 2015 averaging' 42 odd) but this is a blip imho. Literally all batsmen have them, and I'm sure Kohli, Root, Smith and Williamson will probably have an average year somewhere before they hit 30.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
There's a certain bloke who didn't get established in his side until 2010 who is better than all those named.

Shame Misbah is 42