• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated/Underrated

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Underrated: Farming the strike. Just the best thing to do to your batting partner when you're going well. Take a single of the fifth or sixth ball, or knock back one for them from the same deliveries.

yeah, esp. when the other guy is around a milestone. It is definitely under rated as the right approach from the batting partner can easily settle the nerves somewhat for the person at the other end. Jimmy Amarnath has this story about the 1983 WC final where Srikkanth was not confident against one of the Windies quicks, think it was Garner. So he had asked Jimmy if he can take him as much as possible and apparently Jimmy immediately told him he will do whatever Srikkanth needs. And he says, just because of the confidence he got from the conversation, he was a transformed batsman after that, smashing the bowlers around.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never mind this altruistic crap, I just used to do it when I was opening in lower grades and the attacks were crap. Would say to my partner "back up" as the bowler ran in for the fifth ball and take a single.

We'd come off at drinks and he'd get sprayed for only scoring a dozen in the first hour before pointing out he'd only faced about 20 balls.

When we faced good attacks, I'd reverse my approach.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Quick singles are under-rated if anything. Must be the most infuriating thing for a bowler where you bowl a decemt ball and the batsman essentially hits it nowhere but still gets a run, and singles absolutely kill pressure on a batsman.

Burgey

Overrated

Virat Kohli
Joe Root
Kane Williamson
****head Rahane

Underrated

Steve Smith

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey, at least when I take the piss I don't pretend I'm being serious, unlike you in the American Politics thread :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Never mind this altruistic crap, I just used to do it when I was opening in lower grades and the attacks were crap. Would say to my partner "back up" as the bowler ran in for the fifth ball and take a single.

We'd come off at drinks and he'd get sprayed for only scoring a dozen in the first hour before pointing out he'd only faced about 20 balls.

When we faced good attacks, I'd reverse my approach.

Lol.. u make a great point all full of high morality and then u explain it with this ****.. :laugh:

Question: how will you teach the little one? My example or urs? :P

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Overrated:
Number of dismissals by a wicketkeeper as a statistic
Runs in wins as a statistic

Underrated:
WASP
Caltex Techron rating

Daemon

Underrated: stamina required for fast bowlers bowling long spells. Crazy fit, some of them. I'm usually pooped after a 4 over spell of dibbly dobbly mediums.

Zinzan

Warnie made an uncharacteristically good point in commentary today;

Underrated: Bowlers using the crease.

91Jmay

International Coach
Overrated: The term 'snicked off'. I heard Rob Key say it the other day and it made me feel physically ill.