• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Tom Flint

International Regular
I actually think samuels deserves a bit more respect for his service to test cricket. He hasn't had the best career but at 35 he still plays in the longest form of the game when plenty of others at a younger age than him have long retired and chose to chase the money in t20 leagues.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI folding quickly.

India really couldn't have scripted this Test to go much better. Kohli getting runs, Shami and Yadav doing the damage in the first innings, and now Ashwin coming to the party. Some sharp catching as well.

Daemon

I actually think samuels deserves a bit more respect for his service to test cricket. He hasn't had the best career but at 35 he still plays in the longest form of the game when plenty of others at a younger age than him have long retired and chose to chase the money in t20 leagues.
Did you watch the series in Australia where he literally had his hands in his pocket and refused to walk in while his bowlers ran in?

vcs

Inching closer to that elusive thing called an Indian Test win away from home. :)

This place is surprisingly quiet, I guess people have better things to do with their life on a Sunday night.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Did you watch the series in Australia where he literally had his hands in his pocket and refused to walk in while his bowlers ran in?
Ye he obviously doesn't put in the effort req in the field, but at least he's still there playing and is still just about the best option they have to bat at four. There are so many top class players at a similar age to samuels travelling the world playing franchise cricket having turned there back on test cricket

flibbertyjibber

This place is surprisingly quiet, I guess people have better things to do with their life on a Sunday night.
Jono still recovering from tossing himself to the brink of oblivion while Kohli was batting.

Good win this will be, utterly comprehensive and you can't see how WI can regroup really.

vcs

So.. coming to the important question, who should get MOTM, Kohli or Ashwin?

vcs

I'd give it to Kohli too, as a captain, setting the tone in the first innings of the series, when you are playing a five-man attack, adds a bit of value to his knock.

OverratedSanity

Inching closer to that elusive thing called an Indian Test win away from home. :)

It'd feel a lot sweeter if the opposition was even halfway decent. And I don't mean that to be intentionally disrespectful. It's been woeful from the windies and I really hope they put up a bit of a fight.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He deserves no respect, he's a ****.

Sooner the West Indies get stripped of Test status the better.