• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Taylor retires

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus, talk about out of the blue.

Its a pity, was hoping this would be his breakout season.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very sad news. Such a good player whose career was looking like it was about to take off. Hope all goes well for him in the future.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jesus, talk about out of the blue.

Its a pity, was hoping this would be his breakout season.
I honestly thought the thread must be referring to some other James Taylor. And yeah the timing is just cruel, had worked so hard to get back in the side.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I honestly thought the thread must be referring to some other James Taylor. And yeah the timing is just cruel, had worked so hard to get back in the side.
I did too..but I have more of an excuse I feel..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must be gutting for the boy, but at least it's been detected before a real tragedy could ensue.

Feels like one of those "some things are bigger than cricket" moments.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awful news, was utterly shocked when I saw the headline.

I mean I guess it could be much worse, but even so little consolation for the bloke right now. Just an utter shame all round.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yes awful news but fortunate it was detected before tragedy occurred. Here's hoping that he will still find a career in cricket and I'm sure the game will look after him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just saw this on the Guardian website, ****ing hell.

Echo everyone's sentiments that at least his condition has been diagnosed before the unthinkable happened.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm gutted - after having been a fan of his for so long it finally seemed like this was going to be his to kick on and cement himself in the side.... But as has been said; I would much rather this than the probable alternative had it not been diagnosed

Niall

International Coach
Very sad news.

He speaks well and is quite likable. Sky could do a lot worse than sign him up for the blast coverage, it would be refreshing to get someone like his viewpoint rather than most of the guys who they use.