cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: Who is better for odis?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quinton de Kock

19 76.00%
  • Jos Buttler

5 20.00%
  • Luke Ronchi/Matthew Wade (only Kiwis/Aussies can choose option c)

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: QDK or Jos?

International Regular

QDK or Jos?

One is an excellent odi opener, the other a devastating finisher. Who would rather have as your odi keeper-batsman?

QDK is a better batsman, but I'd probably have Jos as keeper bat. Even though he's a worse gloveman and batsman, he's a superb floating finisher.

QDK is a better batsman and should drop the gloves and focus on opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

International Debutant Shady Slim's Avatar
    Quinny D
    Shady's XI:
    M Vijay || A Ali || CA Pujara || KS Williamson || LD Chandimal (wk) || F du Plessis || JO Holder || MM Ali || PJ Cummins || RA Jadeja || VD Philander ||

#FeelTheVern

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    QDK is a better batsman, but I'd probably have Jos as keeper bat. Even though he's a worse gloveman and batsman, he's a superb floating finisher.

Calls to drop the gloves happen every time a keeper-batsman has a good run of scores. Why? It's incredibly beneficial to have a keeper who plays like a genuine batsman.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Probably the ****. Lost a bit of love for Buttler following his diabolical ashes series with the bat. That said QDK wasn't great in the WC last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

If we had a quality alternate then maybe, but he is young and not a senior member of the side yet... if another keeper batsmen comes along as QDK matures and SA become more reliant on his batting then maybe consider it... much to early now.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Looks like if you asked this question a month ago the result would be completely different - good reason to hold off calling it for now

odis it's jos. qdk had a shocker of a world cup.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    More players atm can do what QDK does (consistently destructive opening batsman - Nohit, Warner, Guptill, Gayle and maybe Hales/Roy) than what Jos does (consistently destructive finisher - only Maxwell really, guys like Faulkner/Miller/Munro/Afridi/Raina/Russell are a class below and MSD is past his prime).

So I pick Jos.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    More players atm can do what QDK does (consistently destructive opening batsman - Nohit, Warner, Guptill, Gayle and maybe Hales/Roy) than what Jos does (consistently destructive finisher - only Maxwell really, guys like Faulkner/Miller/Munro/Afridi/Raina/Russell are a class below and MSD is past his prime).

So I pick Jos.
    Munro last played odis ages ago. You're also forgetting the greatest finisher of them all, ABdV.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    odis it's jos. qdk had a shocker of a world cup.
    Jos didn`t exactly set the world alight during WC either? QDK had a terrible world cup but I do think greater expectation was put on him than Jos, because QDK`s form before the WC was great.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post

So I pick Jos.
    So QDK could not do what Jos does down the order? But because he is good enough to open he gets to be compared to Warner, Gayle, Guptill etc... Sorry don`t see the logic. Maybe better batsmen are put near the top of the order, so there are more quality batsmen there to be destructive?

I think what he means is that now teams generally have someone like QDK in their ranks while someone like Jos is hard to come by. Most of the mentioned teams would rather have Buttler because they already have a solid opening partnership.
    zorax likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I think what he means is that now teams generally have someone like QDK in their ranks while someone like Jos is hard to come by. Most of the mentioned teams would rather have Buttler because they already have a solid opening partnership.
    It's not a draft though, I don't think it's right to compare then that way.
    indiaholic likes this.

"A player like QdK" in that they're an aggressive opening batsman is a ridiculous point to make. You can't club them all together, then say it's not fair to do the same with finishers that aren't "in the same class"

QdK doesn't really seem to have many weaknesses as a batsman, I'd have him above Jos. He has more runs, and more tons, in few games. No brainer.

State Vice-Captain
    Concerning the world cup tbf he had just come back from a rather big ankle injury and was probably rushed back. He did have a poor tournament besides the quarter final innings.

For me QDK everyday over joss but then quinny is one of my favorites so no surprise there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information