• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Current World xi

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm very settled on the batting lineup:

1. Cook
2. Warner
3. Williamson
4. Smith
5. de Villiers
6. Mathews
7. Watling

Also picking Steyn obviously but pretty undecided on the rest of the attack. I think there are a bunch of bowlers of a very similar standard after that.
You seem to have forgotten Joe Root

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Cook
Williamson
Smith
Root
ABdV +
Mathews
Ashwin
Broad
Morkel
Anderson

Injuries accounted for

Daemon

In current form it's fair to say that he only just about makes the top 10

AB
Williamson
Warner
Smith
Root

Cook
Mathews
Younis

I think the above are definitely better than him atm

Misbah
Amla

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This isn't so much a merit XI but more a favourites XI

1. D Warner
2. M Vijay
3. K Williamson
4. Y Khan
5. M ul-Haq
6. A Mathews
7. BJ Watling+
8. M Starc
9. D Steyn
10. Y Shah
11. T Boult

who would take on (I guess)

1. A Cook
2. M Hafeez
3. S Smith
4. V Kohli
5. AB de Villiers
6. J Root
7. S Ahmed+
8. R Ashwin
9. S Broad
10. J Anderson
11. M Morkel

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Smith
Root
de Villiers (+)
Mathews (5)
Ashwin (4)
Broad (3)
Steyn (2)
Anderson (1)

Don't particularly care for any of the wicketkeepers at the moment so I'm just stacking my batting to a ridiculous degree. Mathews goes at 7 because of his prowess batting with the tail.

Lyon would come in for Broad on a spinning deck.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Cook
Warner
Williamson
Smith
Root
de Villiers (+)
Mathews (5)
Ashwin (4)
Broad (3)
Steyn (2)
Anderson (1)

Don't particularly care for any of the wicketkeepers at the moment so I'm just stacking my batting to a ridiculous degree. Mathews goes at 7 because of his prowess batting with the tail.

Lyon would come in for Broad on a spinning deck.
Haha GF there's definitely your English love shining through. I don't necessarily disagree with the four of them. But it shows how garbage the other 7 players in the Englush team are.
Also when you've already got a offie in the side maybe Yasir Shah or Herath come in on the spinning decks?

Flem274*

123/5
I was thinking about this earlier and Anderson and Broad's showing in the UAE definitely puts them in contention. The Aussie quicks feel too new to include, Boult is bowling **** right now, Southee hasn't got the weight of wickets this year and I think the pom new ball pair are better bowlers overall than Morkel and Philander.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think my ideal attack has a left arm seamer in it when there's some doubt. Broad and Anderson are much more similar than most seem to think, they don't so much compliment each other as compound. Sometimes it's all out for double figures, sometimes Amla gets 300.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ideally I'd probably want in form Boult over Anderson. That would create a really good, varied attack.

Zinzan

Current World ODI XI

Since I was just contemplating how great Warner and Guptill would be as an opening combination

Primarily basing it on the last 2 years results, with a bit more of a weighting for the last 12 months

Warner (60 @ 107)
Guptill (55 @ 99)
Kohli* (60 @ 93)
Root 6 (54 @ 92)
AB (65 @ 119)
Maxwell 5(40 @ 133)
Buttler+ (45 @ 130)
Starc 1 (ave 19, ER 4.6)
Tahir 4 (ave 25, ER 4.79)
Hazelwood 3 (ave 25, ER 4.6)
Boult 2 (ave 21, ER 4.94)

Intuitively I was going to select de Kock and Stokes, but de Kock's batting numbers weren't as good as Buttler's or any of those top batsmen and Stokes bowling numbers are just too poor, average over 40 & ER over 6.6.

Only issue here is you're relying on Maxwell & Root with the ball, but Maxwell's bowling numbers are surprisingly good, saying nothing of him being brilliant with the ball in the WC final.

Your current ODI XI?

Last edited:

Daemon

I'd bat Buttler ahead of Maxwell as I think the latter can tee off immediately and Buttler's the better bat anyways. Can't argue with that too much, though the 5th bowler quality is a bit worrying. Boult's form in ODIs is fine atm? Could swap for Rabada if not.

Last edited:

Zinzan

I'd bat Buttler ahead of Maxwell as I think the latter can tee off immediately and Buttler's the better bat anyways. Can't argue with that too much, though the 5th bowler quality is a bit worrying.
Yeah if Stokes didn't bowl like Neesham in ODIs, it would have made it much easier, because his batting numbers are good.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Why you asking ab to keep when thats part of the reason he started getting the hump with test cricket? Quinton de kock in at no.6 for ab

Tom Flint

International Regular
My ODI XI

David Warner /
Quinnie de Kock + /
Virat Kohli /
Joe Root /
Steven Smith /
AB de Villiers / (c)
Angelo Matthews / o
Mitchell Starc o
Imran Tahir o
Josh Hazlewood o
Jaspreet Bumrah o
That really is the perfect team as long as conditions suit and your 5 bowlers go well. I'd go with this to add depth with the ball
Warner
De kock
Kohli
Root
Ab
Matthews
Shakib
Starc
Tahir
Hazelwood
Bumrah