• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Current World xi

Flametree

International 12th Man
I'm surprised there isn't a regular rolling thread on this, updated after every series.

Probably should wait till the end of the year but I'm going away after Christmas so thought I'd post this after the last round of tests and before the South-Africa vs England series.
1st xi to face Mars :
Warner
Cook
Williamson
Root
Smith
de Villiers *
Ashwin
Starc
Yasir Shah
Steyn
Anderson

2nd xi
Vijay
Pujara
Amla
Younis Khan
Mathews
Chandimal *
Shakib al Hasan
Broad
Lyon
Boult
Morkel

Fire away!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of my pet hates, please specify if this is Tests, ODIs, T20s or combined forms. I'm not sure if the old cricketweb rule of thump of 'unless stated otherwise it's Test cricket' still applies.

Correction: I've just noticed you stating tests. :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
On current form Boult wouldn't get near the team. Also Starc's injured. I know he'd look right at home on mars with that moonboot of his, but I think it might impact on his effectiveness somewhat. Broad in for Starc.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boult over Anderson for mine. Wouldn't change the batting though.
Except Anderson can bowl on a flat deck without soiling his undergarments.

Warner Cook Williamson Smith Root AB Mathews Ashwin Hazlewood Steyn Anderson

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
On current form Boult wouldn't get near the team. Also Starc's injured. I know he'd look right at home on mars with that moonboot of his, but I think it might impact on his effectiveness somewhat. Broad in for Starc.
So is Steyn.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Some definite ICC team of the year-style shenanigans going on with the wicket keeper selections...

Flem274*

123/5
Except Anderson can bowl on a flat deck without soiling his undergarments.
i know australia delude themselves with their home performances (look at the five minute wonder hometown hero Hazlewood selection) but you need to watch tests not involving them kthnx

specifically, boult in the second and third UAE tests and in Sri Lanka.

watch the aussies come in force

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Depends what you mean by 'current'. You seem to mean 'right now'. I was thinking more 2015.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Ashwin and Yasir because we reckon a martian surface might turn a bit? I mean, I don't the wicket will have seen water for, what, 200 million years?

Last edited:

Flametree

International 12th Man
Some definite ICC team of the year-style shenanigans going on with the wicket keeper selections...
True, but come on, which of Williamson, Root or Smith are you going to drop in order to play de Villiers at 4 or 5? And I'm always picking 5 bowlers if it's remotely sensible : Ashwin fills the bill as a number 7 so I want the keeper at 6. I think even if he has only done it as an emergency recently de Villiers is a better all-round package than any of Watling, Sarfraz or Chandimal...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
01 Alastair COOK
02 David WARNER
03 Kane WILLIAMSON
04 Steve SMITH
05 AB de VILLIERS
06 Joe ROOT
07 Sarfraz AHMED
08 Ravi ASHWIN
09 Dale STEYN
10 Josh HAZLEWOOD