• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zaheer Khan announces international retirement

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was as good as anyone in his short but beautiful purple patch. Wouldn't have got to no.1 or won the WC without him.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was as good as anyone in his short but beautiful purple patch. Wouldn't have got to no.1 or won the WC without him.
Yep, if only he'd gone to England sooner.

Saw him and Ashish Nehra at a bar in Manly once and while Nehra struggled all the Aussie chicks loved Zak. Legend.

OverratedSanity

Yep, if only he'd gone to England sooner.

Saw him and Ashish Nehra at a bar in Manly once and while Nehra struggled all the Aussie chicks loved Zak. Legend.
Haha I met him at a bar too, in Mumbai in 2011. He's a surprisingly charismatic and suave dude.

If as you said, he'd gone to England sooner and gotten a proper gym membership, he could've been a legit great. As it is, still a pretty damn good bowler.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Great bowler. That series in '07 against England he was exceptional. Superb control of swing. Used to love watching him bowl.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha wtf met him at a party too in Delhi. Indeed, was quite charming with the ladies.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Always thought he was massively overrated but every time he played against New Zealand he crushed us. WAC.

The C can mean champ if you want.

OverratedSanity

England in 2011 typified him. I was looking forward to that series so much and when he bowled that opening spell at lords and was basically unplayable for 6 overs, I thought we were up for a cracking series. Then he pulled up. WAC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Read his retirement statement? Its a ****ing essay.

WAG though, he and Sachin peaking at the same time pretty much why India got to #1 in tests and won the World Cup (along with Yuviiiiiiiiiii).

Daemon

Yeah 2011 England was supposed to be when he was going to bowl us to a famous overseas series win. After he broke down it all just fell apart for India for a few years.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
My fav bowler for sure, ridiculously skilled, if only he had more support from the rest of the bowlers his figures would have been better. I remember him reducing Australia to 30 odd for 3 in Sidney but none of the other bowlers backed him up and he eventually ended up with overall crappy figures, which is basically how most of his second half career went.

Oh and he's a legit ATG in limited overs as far as I'm concerned, absolutely incredible during WC's and pretty much won us the 2011 version.

Uppercut

England in 2011 typified him. I was looking forward to that series so much and when he bowled that opening spell at lords and was basically unplayable for 6 overs, I thought we were up for a cracking series. Then he pulled up. WAC.
His two dismissals in that match were really impressive. Had the control to execute plans that for most bowlers would just be a pipe dream.

Huge fan but I thought he'd retired years ago.