• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson should captain australia, to be dominant again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't know how much workload kallis had in comparison to watson (including training). Kallis body-type is different from watson's. Kallis muscle-type is not as hard as watsons. And, Watson puts so much extra energy into everything in does. It reflects on the field (atleast from i what i saw of him during 2011-2012) especially in shorter formats & IPLs. All these leads to injuries.

BTW, He is barely injured in last 2 years.
Kallis is extremely soft, yes.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Watson is a great guy
If Michael Clarke had he way he would die
He is big and strong, all balls to loft
And unlike Kallis he is not soft

That wagon you must not hitch to Smith
Because Watto ain't no bitch like Smith
When Watto bowls he hits the stitch, not Smith
And when he bats he don't twitch like Smith

He leads by example, with his front pad
He's old enough to be Smith's dad
The TPC train is nothing but a fad
If you don't back Watson you are mad!

Pls do not misunderstand I am only 14.7

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As he is the first current Test cricketer we have had on CW I am going to completely agree with what Shane Watson suggests in the OP

spanish.vicente

Cricket Spectator
I'm convinced. Put me down for #TeamWatto.

Let's make him PM while we're at it, his laws on judicial decision reviews would be brilliant, while his 'free hamstrings in every dressing room' policy will make us a world biotech power.
TBH if you rally together everyone who hates abbot, they'd get him in, if only to get abbot out.

kingkallis

International Coach
Don't know how much workload kallis had in comparison to watson (including training). Kallis body-type is different from watson's. Kallis muscle-type is not as hard as watsons. And, Watson puts so much extra energy into everything he does. It reflects on the field (atleast from i what i saw of him during 2011-2012) especially in shorter formats & IPLs. All these leads to injuries.

BTW, He is barely injured in last 2 years......

I prefer watson's body-type (inspite of injuries due to his bowling workload), coz it gives him power, and watson's orthodox-power batting is the best thing ever happened to batting.There is nothing better to watch as far as cricket goes. His some ODIs, T20s, WT20 2012, & a few early IPLs is a gift for a cricket fan. I can't even describe the joy watching him bat.

And calling an adult 'son' shows your inferiority complex.
One of the best thread ever :D

mr_mister

I remember hating Watson til his 3(or maybe it was only 2) 90's against Asif and Aamer in late 09/10(forget) and I started feeling bad for him. Then he got that 100 and I was like wow he's actually gonna be a really good batsman huh. then never really delivered on that promise

knight42

Cricket Spectator
I remember hating Watson til his 3(or maybe it was only 2) 90's against Asif and Aamer in late 09/10(forget) and I started feeling bad for him. Then he got that 100 and I was like wow he's actually gonna be a really good batsman huh.
The difference between a 90 & a 100 is just 10. It doesn't matter to the team total.

then never really delivered on that promise.
It was downhill for him when clarke became captain. I won't go at length to explain you how he destroyed him. But the one word answer is 'clarke'

I will give one example though so you understand.
In the india series 2013, watson got 80 & 60 (as opener) in the tour game. He top scored in both innings & the rest played badly. Clarke said in press conference 2 days later criticizing watto (indirectly) 'if you make a fifty, a sixty, a seventy, and get out, you're more accountable there than the guy who made zero'. Immediately, He forced him to bat at 4 in the 1st test. Watto was very reluctant, but agreed. Cricket greats slammed the decision to push watto down the order at the time. The series turned out to be a disaster in every sense. Those were days when watson wanted to open, but clarke never allowed him to. Countless articles on it at the time. Clarke works for himself & his yes-boys & works against everyone else. Especially watson who was legitimate danger for his captaincy post.

mr_mister

@ your first point. it does matter to a player's morale and confidence though.

@ your second point, very rough of clarke