• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Read up on some match reports. So 5 decisions went against India when Chandimal was batting. Not great umpiring apparently. Now that srt is gone can somebody knock some sense into bcci to atart backing drs?
some incorrect decisions went against SL as well though.

Flem274*

123/5
i remember these who had it worse arguments regarding umpiring.

they dropped a lot in the late 00s once this new thing came in iirc.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Read up on some match reports. So 5 decisions went against India when Chandimal was batting. Not great umpiring apparently. Now that srt is gone can somebody knock some sense into bcci to atart backing drs?
Stop blaming srt. He made it very clear that he was not in any way responsible for bcci's decision to not use drs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, been a couple of good come from behind results in test cricket this year, but this is ridiculous... Way to go SRL!

Flem274*

123/5
im still stoked a team with gaping holes in it did this, and that one of those holes may have just been filled in by a guy not retiring in two minutes.

smash84

The Tiger King
Stop blaming srt. He made it very clear that he was not in any way responsible for bcci's decision to not use drs.
Maybe he wasn't but a lot of behind the scenes talk was that he was.

Then maybe bcci should quit being assholes and start backing drs

Flem274*

123/5
Didn't they score 40 odd each and provide valuable support to Chandimal?
thirmanne is crap and ran away down the order to boot.

i think someone put it best last summer when i asked why he wasn't at least trying to score more than 20 runs per 100 balls (that was actually one of his knocks). apparently his shot options were all too high risk so he put them away.

so he can't score runs because he'll get out and then he'll get out anyway.

handy and underappreciated odi support opener though.

i wanted to drop the egyptian dictator because it's him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can't believe Sri Lanka actually won that.

Also can't believe some of the posting, particularly from Contra about the batting. India could literally have crawled at 1 run per over and won with a session to spare tomorrow.

No wonder teams barely win away from home any more, modern batsmen seem utterly incapable of coming up with, never mind try a plan B when their plan A of 'plonk the foot down and have a mow #intent' doesn't come off.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
thirmanne is crap and ran away down the order to boot.

i think someone put it best last summer when i asked why he wasn't at least trying to score more than 20 runs per 100 balls (that was actually one of his knocks). apparently his shot options were all too high risk so he put them away.

so he can't score runs because he'll get out and then he'll get out anyway.

handy and underappreciated odi support opener though.

i wanted to drop the egyptian dictator because it's him.
I don't believe Thiramane is a very good player but you can't drop the guy who contributed to the fight back

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There was a time when India used to play Sri Lanka every year, and then everyone complained and since 2010, they haven't played a single series. I wonder if the fact that India haven't played Sri Lanka and more importantly Herath in 5 years had a lot to do with their hapless batting in the second innings?

The way Pakistan played Herath in the series earlier, was a result of Herath running through Pakistan so many times over the last few years that he pretty much used up everything he had. Pakistan knew exactly what he could throw at them and came prepared. They hardly gave wickets to him which led to Herath being dropped for the crucial third game, and Kaushal was unable to defend 377 in the fourth innings.

India on the other hand, batted well when the pitch was good but once they were under pressure and Herath was getting turn and bounce, they folded.

Flem274*

123/5
i'd like to propose that this crop of indian batsmenn are better players of pace than spin

first time ever? all the knocks that stand out to me were against pace bowlers home and away.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a time when India used to play Sri Lanka every year, and then everyone complained and since 2010, they haven't played a single series. I wonder if the fact that India haven't played Sri Lanka and more importantly Herath in 5 years had a lot to do with their hapless batting in the second innings?

The way Pakistan played Herath in the series earlier, was a result of Herath running through Pakistan so many times over the last few years that he pretty much used up everything he had. Pakistan knew exactly what he could throw at them and came prepared. They hardly gave wickets to him which led to Herath being dropped for the crucial third game, and Kaushal was unable to defend 377 in the fourth innings.

India on the other hand, batted well when the pitch was good but once they were under pressure and Herath was getting turn and bounce, they folded.
It was the opposite. The pitch gave substantial turn in our first innings... more than today. Herath and especially Kaushal just bowled way better today and we crumbled embarassingly under the pressure.