• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll 7: Playing selector: Last selection for AT Subcontinental XI

Last selection for AT Subcontinental XI

• Mushtaq Mohammad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fazal

• Qadir

• Inzamam

• Younis

• Mahela

• De Silva

• Hazare

• Gupte

• Bedi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think a separate public poll between the two is called for. People surely voted for Shakib for a laugh. Anyone who votes for him a second time should receive a 6 day ban.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
my eyes decieved me. meant to vote shakib but voted shoaib. similar names you see. add one more for shakib!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I was gobsmacked the day I found out Samaraweera has 357 wickets @23 in FC cricket.
Yeah it's a shame he lost the ability to bowl as soon as he reached Test cricket. Yes Sri Lanka domestic cricket is....iffy TSTL, but at least statisically he could've been one of the great all-rounders.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
in theory, Angelo Mathews would be a decent enough shout to warrant a spot on the poll.

You'd bat him at 7 behind his teammate Sangakkara, and Mathews bats well with the tail. He obviously doesn't get many Test wickets, but in a proper game behind the 4 bowlers who have been chosen, Mathews is unlikely required to bowl many overs at all.
Which will be best suited for him to deliver a dozen of sharp overs per innings. I don't think he's good enough to be a versatile 5th bowler like Kallis who could either plug up an end or bowl with fire.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Which will be best suited for him to deliver a dozen of sharp overs per innings. I don't think he's good enough to be a versatile 5th bowler like Kallis who could either plug up an end or bowl with fire.
Yeah even if it were a half dozen tight overs as I'm backing Wasim Imran and Murali to be very durable. Of course Sehwag or Sachin could bowl an over or two if required too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must admit I didn't realise Shakib's test batting average was approaching 40, always thought it was mid-30s. Either way, his 41 test record isn't enough for him to >Kapil Dev at this stage for mine.

cnerd123

likes this
Viru
Sunny
Dravid
Sachin
Miandad
Sanga
Shakib
Imran (*)
Wasim
Murali