• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Who knows, there's the makings of an half-decent side, but if Abell has a bad sophomoric season, and Tres shows his age, we'll be a one man batting team next year. So it would be nice if our overseas player was a batsman who could play all year, like Klinger, and we brought in anothe couple. I think we've enough seaming all-rounders though thanks all the same.
A middle order batsman who can also 'keep would be perfect. Heck, I'd throw as much money as I could at BJ Watling for whenever he's available, and then see who else could fit in when he's not.

Disappointed by the Dockrell news, I'm not quite sold on Leach as the #TauntonVettori.

FBU

International Debutant
PCA Awards Player of the Year - Chris Rushworth
Young Players of the Year - Tom Curran

PCA Team of the Year

Cook
Hales
Root
Northeast
Wright
Stokes
A Davies
Broad
Coles
J Patel
Rushworth

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

PCA Team of the Year

Cook
Hales
Root
Northeast
Wright
Stokes
A Davies
Broad
Coles
J Patel
Rushworth
The bias against Hildy is complete :(

Is there going to be an off-season thread this year?

brockley

International Captain
Zaidi released by Sussex,Sussex officially have no spinner now,made worse by Yardy retiring,wonder if that continues into next years comp?An all pace attack?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
They've got Beer for one day cricket.

Dockrell and Burgoyne both trialled this year and Rafiq last winter so maybe they go with one of them if there is no one better available.

In div 2 a 4 seamer attack with Wells for some occasional spin isn't the worst idea especially as two of the more spin friendly wickets are Old Trafford(lancashire) and the Oval(surrey) are back in the first division having been promoted.

fredfertang

Maybe they'll try and lure Keeds out of retirement - better that than they start looking towards Lilley, Kerrigan and Parry

theegyptian

Briggs and Parry are theoretically the two spinners in the county game who'd like to play more four day cricket and are probably good enough to do so- and so may be viable options for counties. Tredwell maybe also.

Hants and Lancs are in interesting positions with their spin options due to the talent bubbling underneath. Crane, B Taylor (both Hants) and Parkinson(Lancs) have all got decent praise from different sources as excellent spin bowling prospects- but will need game time to develop (and with no guarantee of future success) - and with both teams already having strongish spin bowling options it leaves a little bit of a conundrum.

Stace

First Class Debutant

PCA Team of the Year

Cook
Hales
Root
Northeast
Wright
Stokes
A Davies
Broad
Coles
J Patel
Rushworth
2 Kent players is amazing and with the young guys coming through I really think we can push for promotion next year (but very unlikely) but we just seem to settle for being a decent to good l/o side.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Rogers playing for Somerset next summer. A good signing as long as he's not holding back the myriad of young English openers that are coming through. :)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I suspect he'll bat 3.

I see they've also picked up Ryan Davies, the U/19 wicketkeeper. No idea if he's any good, but he'll likely be straight into first-team Div 1 cricket. Big ask.

1. Trescothick *
2. Abell
3. Rogers
4. Hildreth
5. Cooper/Allenby/Myburgh
6. van der Merwe
7. Trego
8. Davies/Barrow/Bates +
9-11. 3 of Gregory/Meschede/Overton/Overton/Groenewald/Leach/Davey etc.

Plus a few decent prospects in the 2nd XI iirc (Hose made his List A and T20 debuts last season).

Still disappointed about Dockrell leaving, and reckon they need a second spinner as I'm not convinced by Leach. I think they've accepted that they've got no chance of grabbing an established 'keeper, though perhaps they could have tried raiding Leics for Ned Eckersley.

Jarquis

Better than Myburgh at any stretch who's filled in there at points over the last 2 seasons

theegyptian

Briggs and Parry are theoretically the two spinners in the county game who'd like to play more four day cricket and are probably good enough to do so- and so may be viable options for counties. Tredwell maybe also.

Hants and Lancs are in interesting positions with their spin options due to the talent bubbling underneath. Crane, B Taylor (both Hants) and Parkinson(Lancs) have all got decent praise from different sources as excellent spin bowling prospects- but will need game time to develop (and with no guarantee of future success) - and with both teams already having strongish spin bowling options it leaves a little bit of a conundrum.

Briggs has been released a year early from Hampshire to join Sussex. Danny Briggs Leaves Hampshire to Join Sussex · The Ageas Bowl

Excellent news for everyone except possibly Will Beer. Hampshire still have Dawson(sla) who will play irrespective of conditions as he is also a top order bat and it will allow Taylor and Crane the opportunity to break through. Sussex get a solid spinner to play all formats and Briggs gets to play more cricket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Curios move tbh. Surely Briggs knows G00fers will be taking all the wickets before he even gets a chance to warm up

Pothas

Was such a huge part of our one day success a few years ago so sad to see him go but agree that it is a move that works for everyone, there had been no real progress since he first played and he was never really trusted in four day cricket. I just hope that Taylor and Crane actually get to play in the CC but I fear it will always be seen as the safe option just to play Dawson and early season it might well be the correct one as well. Is such a huge problem for spin in this country.