• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Bowling Performances

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good list.

McGrath 8/38 at Lords and Johnson's 8/61 at WACA are two of the best bowling performances I've watched who missed the cut. Draw and a loss can't have helped.

What's the highest rating in a defeat, Mitch must be close.

watson

Banned
A little surprised DoG that Tysons 7/27 in the third Test at the MCG, 1955 came in at #87. After all, Australia needed only 239 for victory, and the series was dead-locked 1 all.

[video]http://streaming.britishpathe.com/hls-vod/flash/00000000/00093000/00093047.mp4.m3u8[/video]

Actually, now that I think about it, Tyson's 6/85 to help England win by 38 runs during the second Test at Sydney may have been even better than his Melbourne effort. If Australia scored another 39 runs in their second dig then the England team probably could have kissed the Ashes good bye.

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard.asp?MatchCode=0392

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Since we are all thinking about Benaud, what about his 6-70 in the Manchester test in 1961. I can think of few bowling performances with a greater match/series impact. The series was tied 1-1 and England was 150-1 chasing 256. Thanks to Benaud they were bowled out for 201 and Australia retained the Ashes.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Since we are all thinking about Benaud, what about his 6-70 in the Manchester test in 1961. I can think of few bowling performances with a greater match/series impact. The series was tied 1-1 and England was 150-1 chasing 256. Thanks to Benaud they were bowled out for 201 and Australia retained the Ashes.
Sorry for my late reply. Benaud's 6/70 has a rating of 14.73, so it just misses the cut.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how many people are on both lists. I see Allan Border, not to be confused with AB, is on this list and I assume the batting list

The_Bunny

State Regular
Good list.

McGrath 8/38 at Lords and Johnson's 8/61 at WACA are two of the best bowling performances I've watched who missed the cut. Draw and a loss can't have helped.

What's the highest rating in a defeat, Mitch must be close.
Be interested to know this too

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
how many people are on both lists. I see Allan Border, not to be confused with AB, is on this list and I assume the batting list
Botham obviously
Kapil Dev too I think. His century against SA in 1992 generally makes the cut. Botham and Kapil were the only two to make it to both lists of Wisden 100.

Akram might have been a candidate with his 257 against Bangladesh, but he misses out on the bowling list.

Last edited: