• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

Mike5181

International Captain
I like him batting this way. He's being aggressive, but he's not trying to manufacture something from balls that aren't quite there, or running down the track like an idiot.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Styris is right about us rotating players, but anyone else get the feeling the selectors feel this is the no.1 side right now?
Na no chance. Anderson is our no. 2 death bowler at the moment. Unless you mean the pace attack?

ajdude

International Coach
ridiculous that after junaid's been ruled out, they've gone with the same lineup (including bilawal bhatti who isn't even in the world cup squad) and not given either sohail khan (who hasn't played international cricket since 2011) or wahab riaz a game.
i mean i reckon they'd do better picking yasir shah and pushing afridi up the order. it'd be entertaining if anything, more afridi and two leggies.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like him batting this way. He's being aggressive, but he's not trying to manufacture something from balls that aren't quite there, or running down the track like an idiot.
True, although I don't mind him charging down the track once and a while. It's actually a surprisingly high percentage play when you have the freakishly good eye and incredibly 'quick-hands' that McCullum does.

ajdude

International Coach
then if they get rid of hafeez they have six bowlers to pick from including haris sohail (admittedly, 3 spinners could be overkill but meh)

Zinzan

It's quite phenomenal the spell Afridi seems to have over NZ, whether with the bat or ball. He really has the wood over us. Can ever remember us collaring him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It's quite phenomenal the spell Afridi seems to have over NZ, whether with the bat or ball. He really has the wood over us. Can ever remember us collaring him.
He has the Nmac gift of somehow always getting batsmen to play for turn despite bowling straight breaks

Zinzan

He has the Nmac gift of somehow always getting batsmen to play for turn despite bowling straight breaks
I would always play Afridi as a flat off-spinner who hardly turns it. If he gets the odd leg-break to turn, good on him. But from what I can see he's looking to slide it on quickly 90% of the time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Afridi doesn't really have the wood over us with the ball. Averaging 40 odd with an economy of 4.50 is fairly standard for us against any quality spinner.

His batting record against us is just incredible though.