• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
still waiting for the names of the biomechanical experts who reviewed the process.

The whole testing procedure is a whole farce when ugly Al Amin cleared and bowling, Kyle Mills happily bowling without getting reported and Hafeez one of the cleanest actions getting banned.

smash84

The Tiger King
still waiting for the names of the biomechanical experts who reviewed the process.

The whole testing procedure is a whole farce when ugly Al Amin cleared and bowling, Kyle Mills happily bowling without getting reported and Hafeez one of the cleanest actions getting banned.
Oh come on. Hafeez definitely doesn't have one of the cleanest actions. Some of his deliveries looked fine but some definitely looked pretty crooked.

TNT

Banned

And yet you cannot name one of the biomechanical experts that reviewed UWA's process. Just saying.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Is this the Hafeez who plays for Pakistan and opened the batting?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I don't see how you can claim it's a farce that someone you think has a clean-looking action is banned and someone you think has a dodgy-looking action is cleared.. and then turn around with your usual rhetoric about the human eye being useless at judging this sort of thing. That's very hypocritical.

You think Al Amin's looks bad; must be a chucker. Looks like malaria; must be malaria.. ;)

For what it's worth, I agree with you that a couple of bowlers should be tested as random every year. I also agree that the human eye can be deceiving, and it's for that reason that I'm not buying the Al Amin conspiracy theory; to me he must he just look worse than he actually is (like Murali).

brockley

International Captain
Al amin yet to see him fully personally did not notice as much in the T20 world cup,but Malinga and Shaun Tait never got called,ugly doesn't necessary mean chucking.
Big loss for Pakistan,i take it Hafeez is pakistans' 5th bowler.Maybe Afridi may have to bat 6 and an allrounder 7.(that said Afridi is the most unreliable batsmen in the world).

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Now everybody bar me except such? just playing with your cards.

i wrote it expecting the responses and they all depict how hypocritical only to test a set of bowlers because their actions look ugly.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Now everybody bar me except such? just playing with your cards.

i wrote it expecting the responses and they all depict how hypocritical only to test a set of bowlers because their actions look ugly.
If a bowler's action features a bent bowling arm, it is possible that they are chucking. However it cannot be determined with the naked eye if they actually are due to the effect of a bent arm being viewed in 2 dimensions while being rotated in a 3d environment, Bowlers with "clean" looking actions do not have a visibly bent arm therefore cannot possibly be straightening above the threshold. Therefore it's an utter waste of money to test all bowlers when simple logic can reduce the pool of possible chuckers down.

I wouldn't mind them doing it a few times just to shut you up though.

TNT

Banned
So how does this work then, when Ajmal was reported by the umpires he was shown a video of the balls the umpires deemed as suspect and was then required to bowl those deliveries so that they could test them, they used footage from the report compared to the bowling to ensure that he was replicating what he bowled on the pitch.

On a random test they would do what, tell the bowler he is going to be tested because Ajmal had a whinge and they want to pacify him. Then the bowler could ask what ball did the umpires deem as suspect. So what do they do, get Ajmal to select which deliveries they have to bowl and what do they compare it to, its already gone pear shaped, the bowler can just simply walk up and roll his arm over.

cnerd123

likes this
This thread is giving me a headache.

It has been explained many times, very eloquently, why testing of a control group and more transparency is a good thing. Please go find those posts, quote them, and reply to those points.

If you are unable to read and wish to rehash the same tired bull**** i cannot help you.

Also everyone against more transparency/control group testing (basically just TNT and Burgey); please highlight and explain the harm this would bring to cricket. Someone mentioned costs; while thats a valid point, i personally do not feel it is a strong enough reason on it own to excuse the lack of transparency or for not testing a control group.

TNT

Banned
This thread is giving me a headache.

It has been explained many times, very eloquently, why testing of a control group and more transparency is a good thing. Please go find those posts, quote them, and reply to those points.

If you are unable to read and wish to rehash the same tired bull**** i cannot help you.

Also everyone against more transparency/control group testing (basically just TNT and Burgey); please highlight and explain the harm this would bring to cricket. Someone mentioned costs; while thats a valid point, i personally do not feel it is a strong enough reason on it own to excuse the lack of transparency or for not testing a control group.
I can see why you have a headache, they have done a control group testing, but you don't believe that so if the are lying about that then if they did another group test just to pacify you I'm sure at the end of it you will say the testing was rigged or they didn't test the right people. You are never going to accept the testing so it would be a pointless episode. All the boards, all the testers, the ICC cricket committee and 99.9% of the players are all happy, what is the reason for doing another group test then.

cnerd123

likes this
You say things as though you know whats happening but have 0 evidence.

You think they have done control group testing. You don't know.

If they have; then simply releasing the results will be satisfying enough. Will cost them nothing.
If they haven't; they should do it.

Being secretive is not a solution. It makes it seem like they are hiding something - such as flawed methodology or ripping off UWA's intellectual property.

This is the last time im repeating this, cbf to do this anymore.

Realistically speaking, nothing will happen and the fans and media will be left in the dark.

Last edited: