• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Hooksey

Banned
Wonderful gesture by host captain Graeme Smith to allow us first use of that batting wicket, and a truly sensational partnership between Marsh and Smith. Australia with a hand on the best Test team in the world baton after day one, and looking to drive home that advantage tomorrow.

A tip for Graeme Smith: If you win the toss bat, or think about it a while and then bat anyway.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
went to bed pretty early, but did they keep feeding Smith on his pads? How was the bowling in general after the Clarke wicket?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First proper look I've had at Doolan.

Obviously only the highlights, but looks to play away from his body quite a bit; seems to be reaching for the ball a lot of the time.

Does he nick off much?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This is nothing new though...SA seem to be getting in a habit of starting a series very poorly where bowling is concerned..done it against India...done it away to Pakistan...done it in Australia etc!!..they start off very average and then something clicks into gear in the next innings or next test. They've gotten away with it so many times and hung on to draw games!!..but will this Australian attack let them off the hook? we'll see.
Good call, and sometimes that gear clicks the very next day.

I recall the first test of their last series in England when they won 2-0. Day 1 England batted first and were 270 odd for 3 at stumps and I was thinking this worlds best attack doesn't look so great.........110/7 the next day to wrap us up for 380 and went on to win by an innings.

So surprised to see some of the Saffer posters throwing the towel in already.

That said, great start by the Aussies and great position to be in after being sent in to bat. I called it quits last night after the Clarke wicket and could hardly believe my eyes when I checked the scorecard this morning.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First proper look I've had at Doolan.

Obviously only the highlights, but looks to play away from his body quite a bit; seems to be reaching for the ball a lot of the time.

Does he nick off much?
Opposite problem in Shield cricket, gets trapped a lot.

howardj

International Coach
love some of the comments on newspaper blogs:

Last night doesn't disguise the fact that there are still troubles with our batting. Clarke despite all the accolades he gets, has a lot of low scoring innings to his name in recent games. And my opinion for what it's worth, I think Rob Quinney would be the best choice to pair Warner as opener, after all he did have the Saffra's bowling sorted in their last tour 12 months ago, but was sacraficed to protect hughes

howardj

International Coach
****ing taste it you ****s. Gonna go after adub so hard.
Nobody doubts his capactity to make a score

It's what he does in between that's concerning..

That said, well done to him and Smith (one of my favourite players) last night

Hopefully Lehmann will continue to bring out the best in SMarsh