• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Budget Draft

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirksland XI

01. Sir Jack Hobbs
02. Glenn Turner
03. Sir Frank Worrell* (5)
04. Walter Hammond^ (6)
05. Douglas Jardine^
06. Seymour Nurse^
07. Jock Cameron
08. Peter Pollock (3)
09. Michael Holding (1)
10. Ian Bishop (2)
11. William O'Reilly (4)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swapping 3000 runs for 100 wickets

Jeff Thomson

1. Sid Barnes
2. Bill Brown
3. Eddie Paynter
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Clyde Walcott
6. Tony Greig (5)
7. Lee Irvine+
8. Richie Benaud (4)
9. Malcolm Marshall (1)
10. Frank Tyson (3)
11. Jeff Thomson (2)

Remaining: 25 Tests, 2107 runs, 14 Wickets

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Swapping 3000 runs for 100 wickets

Jeff Thomson

1. Sid Barnes
2. Bill Brown
3. Eddie Paynter
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Clyde Walcott
6. Tony Greig (5)
7. Lee Irvine+
8. Richie Benaud (4)
9. Malcolm Marshall (1)
10. Frank Tyson (3)
11. Jeff Thomson (2)

Remaining: 25 Tests, 2107 runs, 14 Wickets
Nice team Johnners because of the intimidating pace attack. I think that Walcott is a natural at No.3 though (?)

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice team Johnners because of the intimidating pace attack. I think that Walcott is a natural at No.3 though (?)
Yeah, you wouldn't want to **** with that. 2 of the fastest bowlers of all time and arguably the best.

watson

Banned
With a stack of Tests up his sleeve I'm interested to see who Garson will pick next.

Garson
Marcuss
Watson
Morgieb

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cheers.

Actually wanted to pick someone else other than Thomson, but I misread Greig's wicket Tally. Devastated itbt :(

Re: Walcott's batting position, he played more Innings @ 5 than any other, though he did play at least 2 innings in every position from 2-6

watson

Banned
Cheers.

Actually wanted to pick someone else other than Thomson, but I misread Greig's wicket Tally. Devastated itbt :(

Re: Walcott's batting position, he played more Innings @ 5 than any other, though he did play at least 2 innings in every position from 2-6
Walcott averaged 51.86 after 23 innings at No.3, and 59.22 after 32 innings at No.5. He scored 3 x 100s against Australia while batting at first drop.

Paynter averaged 65.30 at No.3, but none of his 11 innings in that position involved Australia. At No.5 he scored a double century against Australia and averaged 74.50 over 10 innings.

Last edited:

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Herbert Sutcliffe
Barry Richards (C)
Francois Du Plessis
Peter Kirsten
AB De Villiers (+)
Michael Hussey
Basil D'Oliveira
Shaun Pollock
Kyle Abbott