• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Budget Draft

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Argh, just got in from work which was after school, so needless to say i'm shattered and i don't have a clue who to pick. So sorry guys but i might be quite a while.

Oh and ankitj, how many of my picks do you have to like :p

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Virat Kohli for my 12th pick.

1Len Hutton
2Trevor Goddard
3KS Ranjitsinhji
4Denis Compton
5Patsy Hendren
6Vijay Hazare
7Denis Lindsay +
8Hugh Trumble
9Dale Steyn
10Fazal Mahmood
11Sydney Barnes

Anyone thinks Virat Kohli should play in my first XI?

I leave 2 matches, 2624 runs and 8 wickets on the table.
Realistically, the only one you can afford to swap him with is Compton, so when you're up against GIMH go for it.

watson

Banned
Macartney to 3 with Dexter at 5 IMO. Macartney's record at 3 post-WWI is crazy.
Fair point Dan.

But I can't imagine too many batsman playing fast-bowling better than Dexter, especially when the ball is still hard, and the bowlers are pumped.

Doesn't mean to say that Macartney couldn't do a better job at No.3 than Dexter, it's just that I can't imagine it.

At No 3, you’ve got to have Ted Dexter. He was a fantastic player who stood up well to the quicks. Ted could easily get bored against medium-pace trundlers but he was stimulated by a real challenge — and Lillee and Thomson were always that.

The Ashes 2010: Geoffrey Boycott picks his all-time England and Australia teams - Telegraph

watson

Banned
Round 12
166. smalishah84 - Andrew Hall
167. ankitj - Virat Kohli
168. ohnoitsyou - Jack Walsh
169. morgieb - Alfred Mynn
170. Watson - Ryan ten Doeschate
171. Marcuss - Time Expired
172. Garson007
173. Johnners
174. Cabinet96
175. kyear2
176. GIMH
177. Michaelf7777777
178. BackFootPunch
179. Spikey
180. Monk

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Every time you pick up someone who was on my hot list.

Can swap with Hendren too.
Lol, you have about 5 players who were on my hot list and Patsy is gun, he was my back up if Crowe went.

I will take Jack Walsh (0,0,0). Gives me a second spin option if required and he was very handy with the bat in hand.

Stewie Dempster
Cyril Walters
KS Duleep
Graeme Pollock
Martin Crowe
Stanley Jackson*
Adam Gilchrist +
Sir Ian Botham
Sir Richard Hadlee
Jim Laker
Jack Cowie

Jack Walsh

Happy enough with this team, but i feel i've really limited myself by going for players to either end of the affordability spectrum (not to mention getting carried away with impulse buys). Still theres enough class in the top to get me by and hopefully the lower order will compensate for having no real marquee batsmen.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will go Alfred Mynn (0, 0, 0) for the 12th man. Controversial call perhaps, but probably the greatest of the round-arm era/pre-Test era.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alan Melville

1. Sid Barnes
2. Bill Brown
3. Eddie Paynter
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Clyde Walcott
6. Tony Greig (5)
7. Lee Irvine+
8. Richie Benaud (4)
9. Malcolm Marshall (1)